Cant submit STP report to ATO nor connect to Payroll Reporting Centre

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Lmcstack
Experienced User
49 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

49Posts

48Kudos

0Solutions

Re: STP not working

Hi Chris,

Thanks for your response.  Like the many others experiencing this issue, we are working on a server environment too.

I will need to get our IT Support people to obtain the information you are requesting as it is not something I have access to.  I will get back to you once I have this.

Thanks

Lynne

Lmcstack
Experienced User
49 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

49Posts

48Kudos

0Solutions

Re: Cant submit STP report to ATO nor connect to Payroll Reporting Centre

Hi Chris,

In addition to STP reporting not working have also just discovered that the ABN check for purchases is also not working.  Upon entering the ABN I receive an error message "Warning.  We couldn't check the ABN for you.  Please try again later."

This is whilst working on MYOB on the server.  I presume this is the same issue?

Lynne

HEAL
Experienced User
10 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

10Posts

8Kudos

0Solutions

Hi ChrisMYOB,

I believe the problem lies with MYOB's latest 2022.8 update. And I would hope that MYOB are addressing this seriously and will release a new update soon to rectify these problems. Not really fair to release an update that creates this much havoc with your customers. We have latest Windows updates and are running Windows 8.1 which meets your system requirements. So if MYOB is saying that the problem lies with everyone's version of Windows, that must be because something in 2022.8 created the problem.

In addition to STP reporting not working I am also finding that the ABN check for suppliers is not working. When entering the ABN for a supplier or looking at an existing supplier's ABN I receive an error message saying "Warning. We couldn't check the ABN for you. Please try again later." I have also only noticed this problem over the past week or so - since MYOB update 2022.8 was installed.

As per your post, I can confirm that we are using Windows 8.1 Pro (meets your system requirements) (see attached). Windows Updates are set to install automatically. I also manually installed the latest update this morning (see attached). I have attached our Diagnostic Logs for the day that the latest 2022.8 MYOB update was installed, another for the first time I had the error preventing me from Sending to the ATO and preventing me from even looking at the Payroll Reporting Centre, and another Log from today after I manually installed the latest Windows update. Hoping you can help us.

PenJ
Experienced Cover User
36 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

36Posts

8Kudos

0Solutions

I think you will find the problem is across all online services. Payroll reporting centre, ABN checker, probably the super clearing house payment system etc. 

HEAL
Experienced User
10 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

10Posts

8Kudos

0Solutions

Just did our Pay Superannuation for the September quarter and it worked fine.  No errors.  And we can successfully do the Check Payroll Details in the Payroll Reporting area.  No errors there either.  For for us it appears to be a problem with Sending to the ATO and looking at the Payroll Reporting Centre and checking the ABN for Suppliers.

IhateMYOBupgrad
Experienced Cover User
27 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Experienced Cover User

27Posts

9Kudos

0Solutions

Hi

I've had to call the IT guys out to check this and obtain the information you require which is going to cost me $$ so not happy. Everyting was up to date yesterday when they checked the link, etc. Shows 1 update required now but this isn't the issue.

Error message received when clicking on the link.  IT have checked & everything is turned on.Error message received when clicking on the link. IT have checked & everything is turned on.MYOB Administrator - 192.168.37.2 - Remote Desktop Connection 5_10_2022 12_34_20 PM.pngMYOB Administrator - 192.168.37.2 - Remote Desktop Connection 5_10_2022 12_35_08 PM.png

kgordon
Experienced User
14 Posts
Experienced User
Australia
Experienced User

14Posts

9Kudos

0Solutions

Has anyone had a resolution to this problem ("Something Went Wrong At Our End" message" trying to connect to the Payroll Reporting Centre?) yet?

Smooth
Experienced User
18 Posts
Experienced User
Australia
Experienced User

18Posts

7Kudos

0Solutions

Hi All

Yes, I have just achieved some degree of success..........

For many years we have been running our MYOB (AR 2022.8) company file on a office Server (i.e. we do not store our company file online), and in our office we have four PC's, all of which are running Windows 8.1 (which are set to receive automatic updates).

With increasing frustration due to the difficulty in getting a response from MYOB (although @ChrisMYOB has sent through some helpful insights), I decided to employ the services of an IT Consultant. He reviewed all MYOB System Requirements and very quickly concluded that the latest MYOB update 2022.8 was conflicting with Windows 8.

He then updated one of our office PC's to Windows 10.

I then opened our MYOB company file using Windows 10 and clicked on Payroll Reporting Centre and was successfully able to upload our "Not Sent" payroll file from 2 weeks ago.

Needless to say, I have now asked our IT Consultant to update all our PC's to Windows 10.

I would also suggest to MYOB (hopefully they read this post), to amend their published System Requirements.

PenJ
Experienced Cover User
36 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

36Posts

8Kudos

0Solutions

Well done. We gave up and moved up to the cloud, as our understanding is that we all have to do that by end of the year anyway for STP Phase 2.

The_Doc
Ultimate Partner
1,537 Posts
Ultimate Partner
Australia
Ultimate Partner

1,537Posts

165Kudos

162Solutions

Hi @ChrisMYOB 

Will the rollout of 2022.9 due 12 Oct fix this problem.

The problem with these rollouts - unfortunately it is the new way - constant rollout of 'Fixes'and 'Updates' - 'New Features' - however, to be The Devil's Advocate - the new features and fixes come with more problems than they fix.

I have just received notification of 2022.9 rollout for 12 Oct but there is no mention of fixing 'this problem'

I have no doubt that the problem is related to the Windows version - and updating desktop versions of Windows to at least Windows 10 is probably well worth it due to a whole lot of security considerations - but it is a whole lot more of a bigger problem to then try and force a big proportion of business users who are running on Server systems as old as Win 2012 R2 - a very very stable platform - or Win server 2016 - to now suddenly upgrade everything or get online.

Upgrading a desktop is not a big issue but upgrading an entire network server system is big bucks, big time worries and a whole lot of worry for a business - just because a single software package won't work on it!!!

Sounds like the proverb of a certain religious figure forcing a mountain to come to him for a meeting.

Grrr MYOB - please tell us you are fixing this problem - then we will undoubtedly bust our boilers to get our clients off the server and online for STP II.

The Doc

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post