Forum Discussion

ausnetworking
Experienced User
2 years ago
Solved

Edit/check old BMSID Software is telling me the old BMS ID is incorrect. ATO is rejecting my STP reports.

Thing is, I copy pasted it out of the ATO ! Can anyone help me to find how to check it in MYOPB?

Support keeps sending me to set up STP but that option is not available as its already set up. Need to check and edit it. (3 hours getting help ready to can it alltogether.)

Any ideas?

• yes it was all set up thats what I was saying. 

Turns out the ACTUAL problem was that Being a new financial year 

we did NOT need to provide the BMSID. But as we did it created a problem.

So I needed to set the STP up again. But I could not find the menu!.

all good now thanks I will get it sorted.

7 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    ausnetworking
    Experienced User

Found it ! 

just where everyone was saying it was.

Thanks for your help.

Much appreciated.

CloverQ
    Former Staff

Hi ausnetworking 

During the STP set up process, you'd be provided with a unique Software ID which you'd need to notify ATO, this software ID can be found under Payroll > Payroll Reporting > Payroll Reporting Centre > ATO settings. As of the BMSID, it can be found in your ATO portal, and you'd need to provide it within AccountRight's STP setup if you have reported via STP in other payroll software. 

I'm wondering what's the exact error message received when the STP reports were rejected? I'd suggest going through this Help page for a list of common rejection errors and follow the applicable steps - Fix rejected reports and Single Touch Payroll.

Please feel free to let us know how if you have any further questions.

ausnetworking
      Experienced User

The error code helps thanyou. and I see that the problem is that its a new financila year so we dont actually need the BMSID at all.

Be nice if that was clearer early in the set up process.  It is there but just not front and centre.

Yes this is the issue I ran into with the previous advice.

Just need to set up the STP again HOWEVER  That menu option is not available.

If you can give me a heads up on this missing menu I be oblidged.

CloverQ
        Former Staff

Hi ausnetworking 

I'm glad to hear the error codes helps.

From your screenshot please select 'Single Touch Payroll reporting' which is at the bottom of the list, it will open up the Payroll Reporting Centre, go to the 'ATO settings' tab and you shall find the software ID on that page. 

Please feel free to let us know if you have any other questions.

ausnetworking
      Experienced User

software ID is fine. I have that its where it shoul dbe.

My issue is that  there is no option to set up STP.

It is not there. 

CloverQ
        Former Staff

Hi ausnetworking 

By clicking on 'Single Touch Payroll reporting', if it takes you to the Payroll Reporting Centre page instead of the setup page, then it means you already have STP set up. 

Could you please let us know why you are looking to set up STP again? What was the exact error message received when reports were rejected by ATO?