Forum Discussion

Linda30
Contributing Cover User
11 months ago

Employee Card File - Payroll Info Conflict/ Anomaly

Hi there

I have just completed the last  payroll for FY 23 and noted one employee didnt have the standard fortnight hours automatically come up, so I manually entered 76 hours and made a note to go into standard pay when I had finished my payrun to fix the employee file.

I went into employee card, payroll details, standard pay and to my surprise the pay frequency states weekly but the 76 hours are correct? I have manually put 76 hours  into the base hourly/payslip calc to see what would happen. I then went and checked to ensure fortnightly pays had been checked in the wages tab and it indeed has. I went back and it was fixed in the standard pay tab, so I exited. I was trying to show someone what had occured and went back into the same employee card to find once again it had defaulted to the word weekly ?

This is not the first payrun for this employee, he has been with us for a couple of months and I have never experienced this before.

So my next step will be to ensure he has had the correct tax taken out but can some Myob Guru explain this "glitch" and fix it please? Or at least assure me this will no way impact on my end of fiancial year payrun, being that was the last payrun for our business this FY

I have attached a pdf with 2 screenshots showing weekly and fortnightly anomalies from the same employee.

Now as I am about to hit POST - I have been made aware that weekly is coming up on all emlopyee cards in the standard pay tab.........................

Advice please?

1 Reply

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • Hi Linda30 

Thank you for your post. 

This will not affect the values on your Financial year figures, what were processed and paid as fortnightly should have the fortnightly values the same. I would recommend to double check the employee payroll details. In the card details of this employee under Payroll details >> wages >> select the desired pay frequency "fortnightly" and select okay at the bottom to save the change. See the sample screenshot below:

Once you selected okay this will close the window. You'll need to open the employee's payroll details again to check the standard pay "pay frequency".

If it is still showing the different pay frequency, click on any section of the Payroll details window and select the standard pay again. This should be showing the same with your wages pay frequency.

Please feel free to post again I'm happy to assist.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Cheers,

Princess