Forum Discussion

EmmaLB
Experienced User
3 years ago

Employee self-onboarding - Failed to send email

I have successfully sent one self-onboarding form to a new employee via the new MYOB feature, but within 10 minutes I have attempted to send another but am constantly getting the error message "Failed to send email. We couldn't send the invite to your employee. Try again later."

Can we only have one form sent out at a time? How long is later? This error message is incredibly uninformative and there is no information in the knowledge database about any limitations on forms sent.

Could I have some more information on this feature and this issue? Thanks!

14 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • I have the same problem - why is this not working? And what do we need to do to make it work? A trouble-shooting guide on this would be extremely helpful!

• Hi EmmaLBCarolineJ2

Sorry to hear about this. When sending out a self on board request this can only be sent out to one employee at a time, information on this is available on our help article Employee self-onboarding. In regards to the error message you're receiving, is it happening to all employees that you're inviting ? If it is, can you please send me a private message with the following information:

• Serial number 
    • Your full name and email address 
    • Screenshot of the error message you get 
    • Confirmation of the email address you're sending the self onboarding request to
      Anita_MO
      Experienced Cover User

Hi Melisa

The same message is happening to me and I am also unable to send you a private message. I have tried clicking on your email icon as well to send a message and it doesn't work. Can you please provide me details to send a private message.

EmmaLB
      Experienced User

I know we can only send one at a time, I filled in employee 1's details, hit send, success, then fill in employee 2's details, hit send, fail. I have since been able to successfully send the email to employee 2, but the point of my question is that there is clearly a period of time where MYOB cannot send another email, so how long is this period?

I have read all of the new documentation but cannot find any information on this, all I need is a direction such as "please ensure you wait X minutes between sending onboarding emails" and I can roll with that.

Thanks for your help.

Melisa_D
        Former Staff

Hi EmmaLB

That's really strange that you're experiencing that after sending a form out, can you please send me a private message with the above information requested so I can look into this with our teams. 

Dannyp
      User

I can' t send self-onboarding in myob with the error Failed to send email. We couln't send the invite to your emplyee. Try again later

Melisa_D
        Former Staff

Hi Dannyp

Thanks for your post and welcome to the Community Forum ! Can I please confirm if you've been able to send through the forms now ?