Australia
Experienced Cover User

22Posts

5Kudos

1Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Entering 9 Day Fortnight into MYOB - Employee is paid weekly

Hi,

We have 1 x Full Time Worker that has requested to work a 9 Day Fortnight - I've tried some suggestions from other posts but still can't work it out. Hoping someone can assist.

He's paid WEEKLY.
However, he wishes to work—76 Hours Per Fortnight (worked over 9 Days)

Monday to Friday 8.00am—5.00pm with an unpaid meal break of .5 hours per day.

9 hours less .5 hours = 8.5 hrs per day x 9 days = 76.5 hours per fortnight

He will finish work at 4.30pm to reduce his working hours to 76 Hrs—Friday 9/2/2024 (then Friday fortnightly) - (Day 7)

Rostered Day Off—Wednesday 14/02/2024 (then Wednesday fortnightly) - (Day 10)

Pay Week is now Thursday to Wednesday.

I created a "Wage Catergory" for this to trial the calculations.

It seemed to affect the accruals for Annual Leave, Long Service Leave & Personal Leave.

If I use "Entitlements" I'm not sure how to calculate the time worked to accrue the fortnightly entitlement.

I hope I've explained my situation and someone can help me please. I need to process our pays today and only discovered this dilemma last night.

Many Thanks

Robyn

4 REPLIES 4
Doreen_P
MYOB Moderator
3,376 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

3,376Posts

174Kudos

369Solutions

Re: Entering 9 Day Fortnight into MYOB - Employee is paid weekly

Hi, @robyno8888

Thanks for your post.

Kindly provide us with more details you have regarding entitlements. This will let us further assist you with your concern. We are looking forward to your response.

Best regards,

Doreen

MYOB Community Forum

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Accept it as a Solution
Leave a to tell others

robyno8888
Experienced Cover User
22 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

22Posts

5Kudos

1Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Hi Doreen,

Thank you for replying.

I think I have managed to sort it out.

I created a new Payroll Catergory - 9 Day F/N Wednesday Day Off = $0.00 (Fixed Hourly Rate)

Our business hours are 8.00am to 5.00pm Monday to Friday with an unpaid meal break .5 Hour = 42.5 Hrs

Our staff member is now working 38 Hours over 9 Days.

Fortnightly he will finish at 4.30pm Friday (1st Early Finish -Friday 9/2/2024) and take a permanent RDO fortnightly (1st RDO Wednesday 14/2/2024).

When I set up the Payroll Category - I selected the "Exempt" Tab and ticked Holiday Leave Accrual, Long Service Leave and Sick Leave Accrual. The entitlements are not changing when I enter the 8.5 Hours for his Rostered Day Off.

As we're paying him weekly (not fortnightly) I have set it up as follows from a post I read by another MYOB Moderator.

Week 1 - Thursday 1/2/2024 to Wednesday 7/2/2024 = 42.5 Base Hourly

Week 2 - Thursday 8/2/2024 to Wednesday 14/2/2024 = 33.5 Base Hourly + 8.5 Hours @ $0.00 (RDO)

After working through these calculations to run last weeks payrun I couldn't see the need to set the RDO up as an ACCRUAL I just want to show the RDO Hours on his pay slip. His RDO is locked into our roster permanently.

If you have a moment to comment - I'd appreciate your feedback.

Many Thanks again.

Robyn

Doreen_P
MYOB Moderator
3,376 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

3,376Posts

174Kudos

369Solutions

Hi, @robyno8888

Thanks for updating us.

If you need the RDO hours shown on the pay slip, you may check the Help Article: Rostered days off for more information. We also recommend creating an RDO entitlement to track the hours accrued. Please let us know if you require further assistance with this.

Best regards,

Doreen

MYOB Community Forum

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Accept it as a Solution
Leave a to tell others

robyno8888
Experienced Cover User
22 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

22Posts

5Kudos

1Solutions

Hi Donna,

Thank you I have read the information you recommended which is for a PAID Rostered Day Off Accrued.

Our employees working hours are NOT accruing time towards his RDO he's taking it as UNPAID Leave every 2nd Wednesday. We are paying him for the 76 Hours he is working over 9 Days. (Week 1 (5 days) Thursday to Wednesday = 42.5 hours & Week 2 (4 Days) Thursday, Friday, Monday, Tuesday, WEDNESDAY UNPAID (RDO) = 33.5 Hours = Total 76 Hour Fortnight) His award is for a 38 Hour week

Perhaps I didn't explain myself properly.

On another post one of your Moderators comment was to set up a Wages Payroll Catergory using $0.00 Hourly Rate so it would be recorded on our employees payslip but have no dollar value.

Thank you I appreciate you time & assistance.

Kind Regards

Robyn

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post