Forum Discussion

3 years ago
Solved

How to back pay super with STP

Hi,

My MYOB account right did not update my super setting from 9.5% to 10% as at July 1 2021 (would of thought being on account right it would of increased it in one of the upgrades)

I have now manually increased the super setting to 10% for all employees.

I have now also done "Process Payroll" for each month and changed all the hours worked and entitlemets to ZERO values and then put in just the super pay amount down the bottom effectivley creating VOID payroll runs, with only the super showing.

When i go to "back pay" the super now through "Pay Superannuation" tab (STP) and i input my old dates nothing shows up to pay....am i doing something wrong?

Any help would be much apprciated, Cheers.

• Hi ossuser,

Thank you for your post. 

It sounds like you have followed the correct steps in adjusting these super amounts. The very first thing I would do is extend your date range (Pay superannuation window) out to today's date, as this window picks up the Payment date - not the Pay period dates.

Let me know if these amounts are still not showing once you've tried the above and we can investigate further for you, happy to help. 

2 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    Sam_R
    Former Staff

Hi ossuser,

Thank you for your post. 

It sounds like you have followed the correct steps in adjusting these super amounts. The very first thing I would do is extend your date range (Pay superannuation window) out to today's date, as this window picks up the Payment date - not the Pay period dates.

Let me know if these amounts are still not showing once you've tried the above and we can investigate further for you, happy to help. 

ossuser
      User

Sam_R Thank you so much for your reply.

You were SPOT ON! I didnt have my date range extended to the current day, i was trying to use the date range of 01/07/21 to 31/07/21 etc etc.

Problem now solved, Thanks again, really apprciate it!