Forum Discussion

Sandy21
Contributing User
2 years ago

Moving a company file online for STP phase 2

Hi,

I am using MYOB AccountRight version 2022.7 for my client. I am trying to set them up for STP Phase 2. I have read all the MYOB help articles on the subject. My client is not in favour of moving the company file online on a permanent basis. However, I understand for STP Phase 2, it needs to be done. I was informed by **** of MYOB that I am not limited to only using the browser version and that I will be able to continue using the Desktop software if I wish. I will only be required to use the browser version when reporting payroll using single touch payroll reporting which will prompt me when needed. So accordingly I moved the company online last week to set up the new ATO reporting categories for STP Phase 2 and then went back to working on the desktop version this week for all other functions like sales, purchases etc. This morning I am trying to move back to online version to complete the set up of STP Phase 2 and do wages, however, it comes up with message "Unable to restore" - "An error occured while restoring this company file. No changes were made to your online file". If I try to select "file" "Go online - (Upload this file)" It comes up with message "Accountrightlive subscription required" - An AccountRight Live subscription is needed to upload this file. Already have a subscription? You need a subscription for each file you upload. If the file you previously upladed was the wrong file, please contact us and we can help you" My client does have an Accountright subscription and it is the same file, but because I need to work online and offline on and off, I need to switch between both versions and restore one from the other. Can you please help with this?

5 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • Hi Sandy21

Thank you for your post. To report STP Phase 2 the file does need to be online, STP 2 cannot be accessed when the file is offline. More information on this is available on our Help Article Getting ready for STP Phase 2

If you're still having troubles with restoring the file back online can you please confirm the last 4 digits of your product serial number and the file ID of the file (This can be found by going to Help > About MYOB AccountRight).

Sandy21
      Contributing User

Thanks, Melisa for replying to my post. I have already read the help article "Get ready for STP Phase 2" several times. I am still having trouble restoring the file back online. The last 4 digits of my client's product serial number is 8980 and the Company File ID is 1. Unfortunately I have limited time at my disposal and want to get on with setting up STP Phase 2 for my client. So I will really appreciate some assistance in resolving this issue once and for all.

Thanks so much.

Melisa_D
        Former Staff

Hi Sandy21

Looking at serial number ending in 8980, there is a file online that is file ID 1. If this is the same back up file that you're trying to restore online now so that the cloud file has the latest information entered you will need to select restore a back up online (to replace your online working company file) this will overwrite the file that is online and upload the latest file back up (which is the same file ID). Instructions on this is available on our Help Article Restore your company file

Do let me know if you need further help.