Forum Discussion

JANELLE
Experienced Cover User
2 months ago

PAYROLL - NEW EMPLOYEE

I have entered a new employee with all their details to set them up, but now when I go to process payroll, the standard hours are not showing i.e: 38 hrs nor any entitlements.

I have gone off another employee setup which is correct to make sure nothing was missed.

I have never had this issue previously and am confused as to why now.  Maybe a script needs to be run.

Your speedy assistance with this issue would be appreciated.

Many thanks

Janelle

3 Replies

Doreen_P
    MYOB Moderator

Hi Janelle,

Thanks for your post.

Kindly attach a screenshot of the employee card file to make sure everything was set up correctly. Make sure to remove any sensitive information before posting in the forum. Also, please ensure that the base hourly or base salary is linked to the employee card file, as this may be the reason why the standard is not showing up when processing pays. If there are no entitlements being accrued, make sure that the pay basis of the employee is aligned with the calculation of the entitlement. If an employee is being paid on an hourly basis, make sure that the entitlement calculation basis is equal to [x] percent. On the other hand, if salary, the calculation basis should be equal to [x] hours per.

We are looking forward to your response.

Best regards,

Doreen

JANELLE
      Experienced Cover User

Hi Doreen,

Have sent through screen shots for new employee. As mentioned the 38 hrs doesnot show and has to be entered manually. From what I can see all is set up correctly.

Your assistance would be appreciated.

Regards

Janelle

Doreen_P
        MYOB Moderator

Hi Janelle,

Thanks for your response and for providing the requested screenshot.

If you wish for the 38 hours to come up automatically when processing the pay run, you will need to enter them under the 'Standard Pay' window. Once entered, you will no longer have to manually enter the 30 hours every time you process a payment. All the hours and amounts entered in Standard Pay automatically come up when processing payments. Please refer to the screenshot below.

Feel free to post again anytime if you require further assistance. 

If my response has answered your inquiry, please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users in finding this information.

Best regards,

Doreen