Forum Discussion

3 years ago
Solved

Payment method need sto change on incorrect payroll

Hi, 

I have a client who has overpaid or underpaid the last 6 payruns for the staff (Yes! I know!) Each of the payruns was entered with SACH as the PAY METHOD, and is paid by EFT form the Cheque account. 

BUT as the pay is UNDERPAID , I have tried to go into the payrun, and cahnge the Pay method to CASH ( Payroll Clearing), BUT it says the pay details are incomplete and shows NO bank detail sfor the staff member, but when I check the card the detail sare there

I have to allocate the payment to the Payroll Clearing account from the Bnak Reconciliation screen, but how do I fix teh actual transcation

• Hi JennyD2 

Thanks for your post. To move an amount from the bank account to the payroll clearing account you can process a Transfer Money transaction from the payroll clearing account to the bank account. You can manually reconcile the original withdrawal transaction with the Transfer Money transaction (deposit) in the Reconcile accounts window.

If you would like me to look into your situation in more detail can you please send me the following screenshots in a private message:

• pay transaction
    • employee card>>payment details tab for the same employee
    • Setup>>Linked accounts>>Payroll

Please let me know if you need further help.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

1 Reply

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • Hi JennyD2 

Thanks for your post. To move an amount from the bank account to the payroll clearing account you can process a Transfer Money transaction from the payroll clearing account to the bank account. You can manually reconcile the original withdrawal transaction with the Transfer Money transaction (deposit) in the Reconcile accounts window.

If you would like me to look into your situation in more detail can you please send me the following screenshots in a private message:

• pay transaction
    • employee card>>payment details tab for the same employee
    • Setup>>Linked accounts>>Payroll

Please let me know if you need further help.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.