Forum Discussion

LouiseBWM
Experienced Cover User
5 years ago
Solved

Receiving Back Bounced Super Payment and How to Re-Lodge

Hi. I have an identical issue to one lodged in 2018, only the solution no longer seems to work.

I have an employee whose super fund stopped receiving payments, which bounced back to us. How do I handle the return of the funds and re-lodge?

The solution from 2018 says to "reverse pay superannuation", which MYOB is not letting me do. It says "you can't record transactions dated in the lock period" - which is nowhere near the date that the transaction was originally put through (date is 17/03/2020, lock period is 01/01/2020).

Help please!

AR Plus 2020.1.0

• Hi LouiseBWM 

With regards to the lock period issue, it might be worth temporarily unticking the lock period. As this would remove the lock period from the file, anything that was being stopped by that lock period should now be reversable. Once the reversal has been recorded the lock period can be ticked again to reenable it.

2 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    Neil_M
    Former Staff

Hi LouiseBWM 

With regards to the lock period issue, it might be worth temporarily unticking the lock period. As this would remove the lock period from the file, anything that was being stopped by that lock period should now be reversable. Once the reversal has been recorded the lock period can be ticked again to reenable it.

LouiseBWM
      Experienced Cover User

Thanks Neil, that did the trick.

Rgds -

Louise