Forum Discussion

PamelaBrown
Contributing User
3 years ago

STP and Empdupe

We have noticed delays in the STP being reported to the ATO. We didn't realise that was an MYOB or ATO issue until my manager was on hold for 2 hours yesterday and it was mentioned in the holding annoucements.

Can you advise when this will be resoved?

We also have an issue with our Payroll reports not balancing to the Empdupe and then the Empdupe not balancing to the STP report.

Is this due to the delays that are currently happening with STP submissions? Also can that impact the MYOB Payroll reports and the Empdupe file?

Thank you

Pamela

1 Reply

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • Hi PamelaBrown 

Thanks for your post. We aren't aware of any issues with reporting STP from our end and, at this stage, haven't been notified by the ATO of any major issues on their end. If there are delays in lodging STP this will be reported on our Status page.

To assist with your payroll balancing issue I'll just first clarify that empdupe files are used with payment summaries so are separate to STP reporting. Payment summaries are filtered by the payroll categories while STP is filtered by the ATO reporting categories so it is possible that they won't completely match.

When reconciling payroll with STP you need to ensure the Payroll activity and register reports match the YTD verification report (Payroll reporting centre>>EOFY finalisation tab).

Please let me know if you need further help.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.