Forum Discussion

Eliane
Trusted Cover User
16 days ago

STP not matching ATO Figures or MYOB Payroll Reports

Hi all,

I reconcile our YTD Verification, ATO and Payroll reports monthly, so no surprises at the EOPY, and up until end of March it reconciled fine! 

I noticed for the month of April, one of our payments, although saying "Accepted" is not showing on the YTD Verification Report. That entire Payroll is missing, however, the ATO STP Reporting is correct, they have this payroll in there when I run the STP reporting on the portal.

This tells me that this particular payroll was sent to the ATO fine, but why is the Verification report not reconciling?

Everything is out by exactly the payroll in question, this includes Wages, Allowances, Overtime ($275.36), PAYGW ($0.04) and Super ($24.68).

The Table below compares these figures. Although MYOB Reports and the ATO reconcile, the ATO figures and MYOB Verification report does not, the difference should be the RESC amount ($2,200).

Could you please advise what I have to do to get the YTD Verification report in line with the MYOB reports and the ATO figures.

Thanks, Eliane

Gross paymentsPAYGWSuper
ATO Figures:$884,153.87$209,333.14 

MYOB STP Verification Report:$886,078.48$209,333.10$88,480.58

MYOB Reports:$886,353.87$209,333.14$88,505.26

Verification Report v MYOB Reports:-$275.39-$0.04$24.68

MYOB Reports v ATO Figures$2,200.00TRUE 
 RESC - CORRECT  

5 Replies

Eliane
    Trusted Cover User

Celia_B Doreen_P  Simon-C 

Hi all, could you please assist, given that we are close to the EOPY and need these figures to reconcile.

Thanks,

Eliane

Genreve_S
    MYOB Moderator

Hi Eliane

Thanks for sharing your concern.

I understand the importance of ensuring accurate reporting in your file. Here's what I suggest: first, compare the information in your Payroll Register and Payroll Activity reports. If they match, you can simply send an update event to correct the figures in the YTD verification report. However, if they don't match, I recommend double-checking the reporting Category for the RESC to ensure accurate reporting.

If you need further assistance after checking these steps, please feel free to let us know. We're here to help.

If my response has answered your inquiry, please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Thanks,
    Genreve

Eliane
      Trusted Cover User

Hi Genreve_S 

Thanks for responding!

Yes, both reports match.

I actually did send an update event the day after the payroll, because I had to reinstate an employee that I terminated months ago.

The figures didn't change in the YTD Verification report. It's still showing me the wrong information.

If this is not an updated event, please give me instructions on how to create an updated event that will fix the YTD verification report.

What I don't understand is the fact that STP sent the figures to the ATO correctly, as ATO figures match all two reports you asked me to check. The difference between the Gross Payment is exactly the RESC amount to date between the ATO and my reports (this is correct).

It's your Verification Report that is giving me the wrong information. RESC Category is set up the same way as March (that reconciled), nothing changed. RESC is not the problem here.

The problem is the gross payment including ordinary time, allowances and overtime and PAYGW and super on this last paycheque that shows "accepted". This paycheque is not included in the Verification report despite being sent to the ATO and ATO has received it.

I'm beginning to think that there's a glitch with the Verification Report.

Genreve_S
        MYOB Moderator

Hi Eliane

Thanks for the response. 

From the details you've shared, it seems like your issue may require some deeper investigation and troubleshooting. I'd recommend reaching out to our virtual assistant, MOCA, on our website, or you can request support through my account at myob.com. They'll be able to provide personalized assistance and guide you through resolving the problem.

If you need any other help in the meantime, don't hesitate to start a new thread.

Thanks,
        Genreve