Forum Discussion

jelliebaby
Contributing User
4 years ago
Solved

Autobuild reports not working

I am having trouble producing a report showing my autobuild items, come sup with nothing to report.

Can someone help

Steven_M
    4 years ago

Hi jelliebaby 

Thanks for confirming that information.

I've arranged for the necessary script to be run over the company file for you. You do want to ensure that you close down and reopen the company file before attempting to run that report.

In terms of packing slips, the system only has the capacity to process what items are listed on the respective invoice. For example, if we take your cake example, as you are invoicing the cake to the customer, the cake will be shown on the packing slip, not the individual ingredients i.e. flour, sugar, eggs...

For an auto-built item, in theory, the user would only need to select I Inventory this Item. The options would be up to the user and what they do with that item i.e. do they buy it or sell it or a combination.

7 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    jelliebaby
    Contributing User

I am having trouble producing a report showing my autobuild items, come sup with nothing to report.

Can someone help

• Hi jelliebaby 

If you are encountering a Nothing to Report message when running the Inventory>>Auto Build Item report and have set up the Auto Build item tab on one of your items, we would be looking at arranging for a script to be run over the company file.

So we can arrange for that script to be run can you confirm the following information:

• Where the company file is stored i.e. online or local
    • What the LAST FOUR DIGITS of the serial number is - Setup>>Company Information
    • What is the company file ID - Help>>About AccountRight
      jelliebaby
      Contributing User

Hi Steven,

Please see answers below:

Steven_M
        Former Staff

Hi jelliebaby 

Thanks for confirming that information.

I've arranged for the necessary script to be run over the company file for you. You do want to ensure that you close down and reopen the company file before attempting to run that report.

In terms of packing slips, the system only has the capacity to process what items are listed on the respective invoice. For example, if we take your cake example, as you are invoicing the cake to the customer, the cake will be shown on the packing slip, not the individual ingredients i.e. flour, sugar, eggs...

For an auto-built item, in theory, the user would only need to select I Inventory this Item. The options would be up to the user and what they do with that item i.e. do they buy it or sell it or a combination.

jelliebaby
      Contributing User

Also, can you advise if a picking/packing list can be produced for auto build items.

For expample we invoice a client for a cake. This item has several ingredients that make up this finished cake which are all set up in the auto build.

The client only needs to see the cake they are buying that is being invoiced and not the breakdown of ingredidents used to make it.

Can a picking/packing list be created to show all the ingrediants and qty's needed to make the cake for sale.

Also, when setting up the item for the cake and ingredients, do you tick the "Buy" box for the finished item and also all the ingredients, or just ongredients, along with COS & Inventory

Hope that makes sense.

Thanks in advance