Forum Discussion

LMCob
Experienced User
3 years ago

Departments in AccountRight

Hello

Is there a department feature in AccountRight?  I've moved from AccountEdge where there is.

The category feature won't work for me, I need to allocate multiple departments in purchases and sales.

Many thanks

Lisa

6 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    Komal_S
    MYOB Moderator

Hi LMCob 

Departments are not available in AccountRight, however, jobs can be used to represent departments. This help article has more information on how to use jobs to represent a particular department. 

LMCob
      Experienced User

Hi Komal

Many thanks for coming back to me. 

I used both jobs and departments at the same time in Account Edge, is it possible for the department function to be introduced to AccountRight?

The current set up doesn't work for me unfortunately.

Cheers

Lisa

• Hi LMCob 

One option I often use where clients are already using Jobs for projects but also need to have Departments is to setup Departments as Job Headers. Then simply allocate your existing Jobs under the relevent Department header job. You may need to also have an Admin or Misc Job for each department each is allocated under the respective Department Job header. Remember you can have up to 4 levels of Job headers so this can be very powerful.

Once setup you simply allocate each line of each transaction to the relevent Job number and the Department is already attached. See:

One limitation is that you are not able to enter in monthly budgets by job/department however some of the MYOB addon solutions can help with this like our solution BI4Cloud Business Intelligence.

See 

I hope that helps.

LMCob
      Experienced User

Many thanks Jennifer, I appreciate you getting in touch and will definitely look at those options soon. Once 30 June has passed :-) 

Thanks again