Experienced User
14 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

14Posts

16Kudos

0Solutions

Large purchase order not converting to bill - 'an application ...timed out'

We often have large purchase orders which will not convert to a bills - error attached.

We have similar instances where a sales order will not convert to an invoice.

Sometimes, we can recreate it line by line, other times we have to manipulate the stock levels or add duplicate amounts of same items in 1 line.

Myob have never returned my calls - can anyone please assist?

Thanks,

error MYOB.PNG
7 REPLIES 7
Genreve_S
MYOB Moderator
2,919 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

2,919Posts

90Kudos

387Solutions

Re: Large purchase order not converting to bill - 'an application ...timed out'

Hi @Richmond91,

I hope this message finds you well. I understand that you've been experiencing some difficulties with transactions that are larger than usual, causing your program to time out. I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused and for the delay in our response.

The speed at which transactions are recorded can be influenced by several factors, including the size of the transaction, your computer's specifications, and your internet connection speed. While these factors may not be easily adjustable, we can offer a workaround by extending the timeout limit of your AccountRight.

Here are the steps to do so:

1. Right-click on the AccountRight desktop shortcut and select 'Open file location'.
  2. Locate the file named 'Huxley.Application.exe.config'. Before proceeding, it's important to create a backup of this file to prevent any potential issues. To do this, right-click the config file and select 'copy'. Then, deselect the file, right-click again, and choose 'paste'. This will create a copy of the file.
  3. Now, we need to modify the original 'Huxley.Application.exe.config' file. Right-click the file and select 'edit', or 'open with'. If you choose 'open with', use the program 'notepad' to open the file.
  4. In the <app settings> section, change the value to 3600, which equates to 60 minutes. After making this change, save and close the file.

You should now be able to open AccountRight as normal. If you encounter any issues or need further assistance, please don't hesitate to reach out.

Thanks,
Genreve

Richmond91
Experienced User
14 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

14Posts

16Kudos

0Solutions

Hi,

The issue is not going to be fixed by extending the timeout limit of AccountRight..  This error occurs quite frequently and at random.  Usually, if we ammend the qty by 0.1meter, it makes a difference and the order will convert to a Bill.  Then we go back in and correct the meterage and it is fine.

Same thing happened today and there was only ONE LINE in the PO so not a large purchase.

We have contacted MYOB and actually spoken with people but they never call us back even though they say they will look into it and call us back.  This has been happening for atleast 2 years and no one is able to solve our issue.

Genreve_S
MYOB Moderator
2,919 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

2,919Posts

90Kudos

387Solutions

Hi @Richmond91

Thanks for the added information you provided.

I ran scripts to potentially cater for the errors you're experiencing. 

Let me know if the issue persists, and we'll investigate the cause further. 

If my response has answered your inquiry, please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Thanks,
Genreve

Richmond91
Experienced User
14 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

14Posts

16Kudos

0Solutions

Hi,

sorry to bother you again, but I noticed on Monday when I looked at the 'list' of items many SOH were unusual numbers ie rounded to 8 or 9 decimal points. I have noticed many items like this in the past.

However, when you go into the item, the SOH was 'normal'.

Today they are back to rounded numbers.  Could what you did have affected this?

If not, do you know what the issue is incase it happens again? 

The units are in metres so should not be more than 1 or 2 decimal points.

Thanks,

Earl_HD
MYOB Moderator
3,410 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

3,410Posts

116Kudos

274Solutions

Hi @Richmond91,

Thanks for your post, and my apologies for the late response.

I have executed an online script on your file to address this issue. If the problem persists, please contact our support team at account.myob.com, where you'll find our virtual assistant, MOCA. If MOCA is unable to resolve your query, you will be automatically directed to our live chat team for further assistance.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Regards,
Earl

MYOB Community Forum

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Accept it as a Solution
Leave a to tell others

Richmond91
Experienced User
14 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

14Posts

16Kudos

0Solutions

Hi Earl,

Thanks for taking the time to assist, it seems to have worked and i was able to convert the order to an invoice.

One other issue we seem to have is when we have 2 or more items of the same item number in one sale / purchase order.

Sometimes (not all the time) Myob is not able to convert the order to an invoice.  To solve this issue we have to enter one line with the totals of all same items and delete the other lines.

Any thoughts on how to fix this?  As mentioned above, we have contacted MYOB several times, they advised they would look into it but not got back to us.  Thanks,

Genreve_S
MYOB Moderator
2,919 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

2,919Posts

90Kudos

387Solutions

Hi @Richmond91

Thank you for your follow-up message. To better understand and address your second concern, we need more detailed information. Could you please provide us with screenshots of the error message you encounter when attempting to convert the order to an invoice? Additionally, a description of what occurs when you attempt this conversion, as well as a copy of the diagnostic log, would be greatly beneficial.

We look forward to your response.

Thanks,
Genreve

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post