Forum Discussion

3 years ago

Sales Import Error

I am trying to import sales using the service layout from a text file. After a match the feilds and click next it pops up with an error 'The Inc-Tax Amount feild is recquired for this import'. But I can't find this feild to pupulate under 'available feilds' ?? 

3 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • Hi RebeccaSher 

I believe this is because you did not add {} to the first line of your import file. Open the file in Notepad an add {} and then hit enter. Save. Otherwise MYOB assumes you are importing from a MYOB v19 export.

Regards

Gavin

RebeccaSher
      User

Thanks for your help. I am now recieving this error ... What am I doing wrong now?! thanks 

MYOB error.JPG

Melisa_D
        Former Staff

Hi RebeccaSher

Thanks for your post. The error message you're receiving is caused by Microsoft Excel adding extra characters to the import file, this being quotation marks. Before re-importing you will need to remove them from the import file, you can do this by changing the column format in Microsoft Excel and save that file. 

To do this:

1. Identify the column causing the issue, then in Excel select the entire column, then right click the column header, and select Format Cells...

2. In Format Cells window, under the Number tab, select the Category: as Number like in the screenshot below.

3. When using File>Save As, you might get a a prompt like below, select Yes, as we want to keep the format.

If you open the import file in Notepad, you will now see the quotation marks have been removed.

Do let me know how you go. 

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.