Forum Discussion

NewlandPC
Experienced User
4 years ago
Solved

Sending Invoice as Attachment for Select Customers

Hi,

I know that there is a way to send invoices as a PDF as well as an online link, however this is a system-wide setup. 

Is there a way to use this setting for individual customers?

Thank you.

• Hi NewlandPC 

When you do have Setup>>Preferences>>Emailing you do have the option to determine whether a link is sent or a link and a PDF sent with that email. This setting is a company-wide setting. You are not able to trigger the PDF to only be sent to certain customers while others only have the link. 

If you are needing to enable the PDF for only a certain set of customers, you could look at enabling that PDF and link option within the preferences send out their emails and then reset that back to just link for the other customers. Alternatively, I would mention that recipients can download a PDF attachment of that invoice by opening the invoice (from the link) and selecting PDF.

3 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • Hi NewlandPC 

When you do have Setup>>Preferences>>Emailing you do have the option to determine whether a link is sent or a link and a PDF sent with that email. This setting is a company-wide setting. You are not able to trigger the PDF to only be sent to certain customers while others only have the link. 

If you are needing to enable the PDF for only a certain set of customers, you could look at enabling that PDF and link option within the preferences send out their emails and then reset that back to just link for the other customers. Alternatively, I would mention that recipients can download a PDF attachment of that invoice by opening the invoice (from the link) and selecting PDF.

NicoleS123
      User

Please Help.

I have many customers that also want their invoices sent as a pdf. I am using MYOB Essentials, the newest version and there doesnt seem to be an option to do this.

Steven_M
        Former Staff

Hi NicoleS123 

The newer MYOB Essentials platform will use the Online Invoice Portal to issue out invoices. If the recipient does require a PDF of the invoice, they can select the PDF (or Print) option within the Online Invoice portal after viewing the invoice. There is currently no provision in that platform to allow that PDF to be automatically attached to the email. 

Alternatively, what some users have been doing is viewing a PDF copy of the invoice, downloading that, and then manually attaching that to an email to the customer.