120 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

120Posts

52Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Setting Correct Invoice Templates

We have customers who may receive an item sale, service sale or time & billing sale depending on the transaction.

We have customised invoice templates for each of these formats.

But how can I set the correct printed form to be used for each sales type?

If you pick a form, and then change the sales type, the selected form disappears for the previous sale type.

Staff have been incorrectly sending invoices out using the plain paper option, which looks terrible.  Are they going to have to select the form type every time?

I would ideally like to delete these plain paper options so that all that is remaining is our customised templates, but I can't even see how to do that.  This is a really terrible system.

4 REPLIES 4
Doreen_P
MYOB Moderator
3,446 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

3,446Posts

182Kudos

388Solutions

Re: Setting Correct Invoice Templates

Hi @SDuddy,

Thanks for your post.

If you need to select the correct form of invoice, you will need to do it manually every time an invoice has been made. To do this. once an invoice has been created, click on Send To > Email > Selected Form. Please see screenshot below.

Feel free to post again anytime if you require further assistance. 

If my response has answered your inquiry, please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users in finding this information.

Best regards,

Doreen

MYOB Community Forum

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Accept it as a Solution
Leave a to tell others

SDuddy
Experienced User
120 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

120Posts

52Kudos

0Solutions

So every time we get a new staff member, I have to remember to tell them to pick the right kind of invoice template because the software has no capacity to store the correct preference?

gavin12345
Ultimate User
5,039 Posts
Ultimate User
Australia
Ultimate User

5,039Posts

919Kudos

640Solutions

Hi @SDuddy 

In Accountright, the only preference you can set is on the Customer Card > Selling Details tab - however this allows for only one invoice type, you cannot set a custom invoice for different invoice layouts.

If no preference is set for a customer, MYOB will use the last used setting under Advanced Filters on the Print/Email invoice screen.

Regards

Gavin

(gavinw222@gmail.com)
Earl_HD
MYOB Moderator
3,412 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

3,412Posts

116Kudos

274Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Hi @SDuddy,

To customize different invoice layouts in MYOB AccountRight, you'll need to do it manually each time an invoice is generated. Alternatively, you can consider following Gavin's solution, though it's important to note that this method only supports one invoice type.

As for setting up custom invoice layouts, MYOB AccountRight doesn't offer direct functionality to automate different layouts based on invoice types. You can create multiple custom layouts manually and select the appropriate one each time you create an invoice. Alternatively, explore third-party integrations or advanced customization options to achieve more automated solutions.

Feel free to post again, we're happy to help!

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Regards,
Earl

MYOB Community Forum

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Accept it as a Solution
Leave a to tell others

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post