Import Error 25

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Jamie_Walton
Contributing User
8 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

8Posts

3Kudos

1Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Import Error 25

Hi,

I recently upgraded to 2020.1 . I have been imported my purchases using miscellaneous lay out for a couple of years now. All of a sudden i am getting Import Error 25.

In my note pad i do note that it appears the tabs are not aligned but i have counted the tabs, plus anyway if it was the tabs , all of the transactions would error.

I also note that there is up to 4 trailing zeros in the error log even though the txt file doesnt have this.

I cant see how it is a GST rounding issue as each transaction only has one GST line.

Are you able help me turn my light bulb on my head to solve these errors.

9 REPLIES 9
Komal_S
MYOB Moderator
8,280 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

8,280Posts

741Kudos

1,164Solutions

Re: Import Error 25

Hi @Jamie_Walton 

We have recently noticed that if you have dollar symbols around the amount fields in the import file, the import process can return error 25 in AccountRight 2020.1. Therefore, we would recommend removing the dollar symbol altogether from the import file before attempting to import.

Please let me know how you go on. 

Kind regards,
Komal

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Jamie_Walton
Contributing User
8 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

8Posts

3Kudos

1Solutions

Hi Komal,

I have removed all the "$' characters and there is no change for some of the transactions returning a 25 error.

Regards,

Jamie

Komal_S
MYOB Moderator
8,280 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

8,280Posts

741Kudos

1,164Solutions

Hi @Jamie_Walton 

I have tried to import the content from your import file to a sample company file and it's returning the same error -25 for some records.

As a first troubleshooting step, could you please try entering one of the failed purchases manually into the software, and then export it. Upon comparing the exported file with the import file, do you see any significant differences? If yes, what happens when you try to match the fields in import file exactly to what's in the export file? 

If nothing works, please send me the serial number of your company file by a Private Message so we can investigate further.

Kind regards,
Komal

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Jamie_Walton
Contributing User
8 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

8Posts

3Kudos

1Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Last night i spent two hours trying to compare the differences between an export aed transaction nd what i am importing , then when tiredness kicked i realised the transactions erroring where immediately after two blank lines. For the last two years i have been importing with two blank lines, but it just kicks up a record skipped log but doesnt cause the next transaction to fail. 2020.1 has forced me to say good bye to those blank lines with a few extra formulas to automatically get rid of them out of excel. Thankyou
Mike_James
Ultimate Partner
5,863 Posts
Ultimate Partner
New Zealand
Ultimate Partner

5,863Posts

1,027Kudos

756Solutions

Hi @Jamie_Walton , transaction import files normally need one blank line to indicate a new transaction, otherwise everything gets imported as one transaction with many lines. Are you now importing purchases correctly with no blank lines?

Regards, Mike (mike@datawise.co.nz)
DataWise Limited (www.datawise.co.nz), developers of:
DataWise ProActive - Custom Reporting from MYOB programs
(MYOB Business, including AccountRight Live, AccountRight v19.x and exo Payroll)

Bulk download of attachments (more details...)

Jamie_Walton
Contributing User
8 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

8Posts

3Kudos

1Solutions

now i have changed my data to only have one blank file , for the last two years i have gotten away with two blank lines and ever since 2020.1 this now throws up a 25, i have removed the two blanks and changed it just to one between transactions

olibgoli
3 Posts
Cover User
Australia
Cover User

3Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Importing error -25 Invalid amount

I've imported many text files before, but my latest one only imports the first sale on the .txt file, and none of the others. Anyone out there with an explanation please?????

I do not change anything in excel, just import the file directly from our software like I've always done.

olibgoli
3 Posts
Cover User
Australia
Cover User

3Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

I had the same problem -have been able to have two blank lines until the new update - even MYOB support didn't realise this until I found this post - thanks for helping.

Jamie_Walton
Contributing User
8 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

8Posts

3Kudos

1Solutions

Why thankyou !!!!!    i tore my hair out then after i did a few posts here i had tried everything then i only realised it was transactions after two blank lines.

Thankyou to you for  verifying my point that you could do two blank lines prior to 2020.1

Have a good weekend

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post