Landed Cost for Imported Inventory ADJ and Tax Code?

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Bluewren
Partner
21 Posts
Partner
Partner

21Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Landed Cost for Imported Inventory ADJ and Tax Code?

I need clarification on the GST Code to use when posting landed costs.  The Landed Costs for Imported Inventory support note shows a N-T code on each purchase item and also on the adjust line.  

When I post Imported good I post them as Fre - so should I also be posting the Landed Cost Adjustment as Fre or N-T? 

1 REPLY 1
SamaraM
1,925 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

1,925Posts

0Kudos

236Solutions

Re: Landed Cost for Imported Inventory ADJ and Tax Code?

Hi @Bluewren 

Thank you for your post. GST-Free (or FRE) is generally used to record sales that are GST-free sales other than export sales, such as fresh food purchases, medical services and products, and educational courses.

No-Tax (or N-T) is generally used to record sales that carry no GST, such as depreciation and cash transfers.

However, we always recommend that you consult your accountant or the ATO regarding the best code to use to ensure you are meeting all your tax obligations in your specific situation.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Regards,
Samara

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post