Forum Discussion

SDuddy
Experienced User
2 years ago

Overdue Invoice Reminders

I am just wondering why the automatic overdue invoice reminders looks at the last emailed address and not the email address on the customer card.  We send an invoice to a customer and they respond asking us to update their email address.  So we do this on the customer card, then MYOB sends a reminder to the old email address and it looks like we are not doing what the customer asks.  It's not practical to resend all the invoices to the new address, and would also be bit of a double up when they have already been sent.

7 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    Yanike_S
    MYOB Moderator

Hi SDuddy 

Thanks for your post. The invoice reminder feature is designed to send the reminders to the same email address that the invoice was originally sent to. Even if the email address was subsequently changed on the card the reminder would still be sent to the original email address that the invoice was sent to.

SDuddy
      Experienced User

So what is the point of having a customer card with email addresses then?  How are we supposed to have procedures to update customer details, if reminder emails then get sent to an old address?  This actually creates more work because the customer asks us twice to update their details, and I have to apologise that this has in fact already been done but MYOB does not refer to the updated address to send reminders.  

Yanike_S
        MYOB Moderator

Hi SDuddy 

Thanks for your feedback. As I mentioned earlier this feature is meant to sent the reminder to the same email address the invoice was sent to. I have passed your feedback on to the team.

• Have the same problem, just noticed that it send to the last email as I send the invoice to the client and a copy to our own department which requested the invoice.

Sometimes a family request an invoice to be sent to an organisation and now I noticed the family received the reminder instead of the organisation whom is paying. 

So the last person send doesn't have to be the person paying, but the email address on the card is paying. I have received complaints due to this. 

It is maybe how MOYB thinks it should work but practical it doesn't.

SPELDNZ
      User

Sorry just read your reply correctly, MYOB you say the reminder goes to whom the invoice was orginal send. 

Maybe MYOB you can check your set up as the reminder is send to the last person you send the invoice to not the first person.

Yanike_S
      MYOB Moderator

Hi SPELDNZ 

Thanks for your post. Depending on your set up, invoice reminders will be automatically sent to all customers who have been emailed invoices. If you don't want to send reminders to certain people, you can turn off reminders for them specifically by visiting their customer cards.

Read more about that here: Setting up invoice reminders.

SDuddy
        Experienced User

You seem to be missing the whole point that you maintain customer email addresses on their customer card. 

If you change an address, MYOB then sends a reminder email to the last email address that was used, which is NOT the current address.

Similarly if you need to email an invoice to someone internally, MYOB then sends them a reminder.  I've had to instruct staff to print to PDF, save a copy and then email to other staff, which is one more step than it needs to be since there is an email invoice function in the software.

It's great that there is this functionality to save time on manually sending reminders but there's still a huge flaw in the way it works.  If you store customer email addresses on their card, why would this not be referenced for the reminder emails??