Single Touch Payroll Reporting

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Jamdev
Contributing User
7 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

7Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Single Touch Payroll Reporting

The gross payments total in the Payment Activity Summary in myob don’t match the gross payments total in the Single Touch Payroll report that was accepted.

a) Could this difference be related to Allowances that are not coded as "Gross Payments" in ATO Reporting category? 

b) We have allowances that we pay to some staff like a motor vehicle allowance, and in the payroll category for this, we have coded the motor vehicle allowance to "Allowance - Other" in the ATO Reporting Category.  Should allowances such as this be coded to "Allowance" in the ATO Reporting category, or should allowances be coded to "Gross Payments" in the ATO Reporting Category?

Could you please advise so we can work out why the gross payments total in the Payment Activity Summaries in myob don't always match the gross payments total in the STP Report after paying wages? Thank you.

2 REPLIES 2
Doreen_P
MYOB Moderator
3,168 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

3,168Posts

158Kudos

330Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Re: Single Touch Payroll Reporting

Hi @Jamdev 

Thanks for your post. If the Payment Activity Summary doesn't match the gross payments from the Single Touch Payroll reporting, is because it only has the total for all the payroll categories with gross payment as their ATO Reporting Category. Other payroll categories that doesn't have gross payment and has a different ATO Reporting Category will not be included in the total amount of gross payments from Single Touch Payroll reporting. In regards to choosing an ATO Reporting Category, since we are not permitted to give an advise on what ATO Reporting Category to choose, I highly recommend to speak with your accountant or financial advisor or you can also check The Help Article Assign ATO reporting categories for Single Touch Payroll reporting for any available information.

Please let me know if you need further assistance.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Best regards,
Doreen

MYOB Community Forum

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Accept it as a Solution
Leave a to tell others

LisaP4
1 Post
User

1Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Re: Single Touch Payroll Reporting

Hi Jamdev

Did you ever figure out the answer to your question regarding below:

Could this difference be related to Allowances that are not coded as "Gross Payments" in ATO Reporting category? 

I have the same issue.

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post