Superannuation calculations for different employees - salary and hourly rate

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
LisaTerese
Experienced User
10 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

10Posts

2Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Superannuation calculations for different employees - salary and hourly rate

Hi

I have been using MYOB AccountRight for nearly 20 years, though I am now having issues with entering the superannuation calculations in the Employee card file for the calculation of their superannuation guarantee amounts.

If I enter 10.5% of Base Hourly for my employees paid on a hourly basis, this then pulls through to my employee on salary.  The same applies if I enter 10.5% of Base Salary for my salaried employee, this pulls through to my hourly paid employees.

I have resorted to manually entering my employee on salary superannuation amounts, as it is easier to manually enter one, than multiple base hourly paid employees.

I have not encountered this issue before, so I would greatly appreciate any advice/feedback from the Community.

Kind regards

LisaTerese

2 REPLIES 2
gavin12345
Ultimate User
5,010 Posts
Ultimate User
Australia
Ultimate User

5,010Posts

911Kudos

635Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Re: Superannuation calculations for different employees - salary and hourly rate

Hi @LisaTerese 

I don't fully understand the problem you are experiencing. Your comment suggests it is a new problem, although usually all employees have super guarantee calculated at 10.5% - which seems to be what is happening. Perhaps more detail about the issue would be useful.

FYI, you can create multiple Super Guarantee payroll categories (eg one for hourly , one for salaried), and link them to the relevant employees. Each employee's SGC calculation will be based on the linked payroll category. You can even link 2 different Super guarantee payroll categories to the same employee, for example if you have complex payroll or rules.

Regards

Gavin

(gavinw222@gmail.com)
LisaTerese
Experienced User
10 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

10Posts

2Kudos

0Solutions

Re: Superannuation calculations for different employees - salary and hourly rate

:Hi Gavin12345

Thank you kindly for your assistance, and I have now created and alloacated a Superannuation Guarantee category for my Salary employee.

I just do not recall having to do this prior, though I obvioulsy forgotten about it.

Thanks again and have a great day.

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post