Forum Discussion

joseph_n
Contributing User
3 years ago

Bank reconciliation

Hi MYOB,

We've been using MYOB Essentials for a while and until recently the change of the new dashboard we have issue with bank reconciliation. 

As an example, when doing bank reconciliation, the 'Calculated closing balance' is always up by $7,827.65 comparing to the actual bank statement balance (regardless of me trying to unreconcile and redo reconciliation till June 2020 to narrow down the out balance). See pic 1 attached.

I then use the 'Calculated closing balance' to reconicle the bank. Then I run the balance sheet report, balance shown on balance sheet is indeed correct to the true bank statement balance. (see pic 2 for screenshot of balance sheet and pic 3 for bank statement balance screenshot).

The bank reconciliation report does not show any discrepancy (see pic 4 for bank rec report).

I am not sure what caused this error as this has never happened before with the old Essential interface.

Thank you in advance and looking forward to hearing from you soon.

Regards, 

Joe

1 Reply

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    Komal_S
    MYOB Moderator

Hi joseph_n 

Apologies for the delay in response.

Can you please complete a future dated reconciliation, for example, in 2023, and then undo it. 
    This should refresh the reconciliation page and start to bring up the previous reconciliations and also may refresh the calculated closing balance. This has happened to resolve the issue for many users experiencing the same problem. 

Let us know how you go on.