Forum Discussion

annon
User
2 months ago

MYOB Essentials Payroll not auto matching in bank feed

Client uses MYOB payroll and prepares electronic payments to pay through bank.  The payroll transaction have always auto matched to the bank feed. Bank transactions have stopped auto matching from 1 feb 24. All payroll settings are OK and have not changed payroll amounts through account match to MYOB. Is there a back ground issue to do with an update?

3 Replies

Doreen_P
    MYOB Moderator

Hi annon,

Thanks for your post, and welcome to the MYOB Community Forum.

This can happen if the payment method used for the pay runs is electronic and therefore not directly coded to the bank account you're reconciling. Therefore, the first thing to check would be if the payment method used for these pay runs is electronic, cash, or check. In order to check the payment method for the pay run, follow the steps given below: 

• Go to Payroll > Pay runs > Click on the date on which the pay run was done > Click on the employee name. On clicking the employee name, the entire pay run window should open, which would show the payment method.

If the payment method was electronic, change the payment method for those employees to check in their card file, delete the pay runs already processed, and then process the pay runs again.

Another alternative is going to Payroll>>Prepare Electronic Payments, selecting the pay runs, and preparing a bank file. Please ensure the account in this window is your check account. In this process, a bank file will be downloaded to your computer, but you don't need to upload that to the bank's website if you have already paid the employees. Making electronic payments helps article has more information on how to download bank files.

Feel free to post again anytime if you require further assistance. 

If my response has answered your inquiry, please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users in finding this information.

Best regards,

Doreen

annon
      User

I think I was unclear in my original post. The payruns have ALWAYS been set to electronic and have ALWAYS auto matched the bank account. I can't ask my client to reverse and redo 9 payruns beacuse something in the back ground of MYOB has changed. The only difference is since the upgrade performed my MYOB payruns aren't auto matching. Sounds like there is no solution - I will sort something to make it work

Genreve_S
        MYOB Moderator

Hi annon

Appreciate your patience. To understand why the bank feeds aren't auto-matching with payroll transactions, we can examine a few things:

1. Look for any duplicate bank rules that could conflict with the auto-matching.
        2. Verify if the date of the "Prepare electronic payment" transactions matches with the bank feed.
        3. Confirm if the electronic payments have been reconciled or marked checked in the reconcile accounts window. (transactions need to be unmarked in the reconcile accounts window to appear as a match for the bank transactions window)

These are the common reasons for the bank feed not auto-matching. If these aren't the cause, you can seek assistance from MOCA, our virtual assistant, on myob.com/support or myaccount.myob.com. If MOCA can't resolve your issue, you'll be automatically redirected to our live chat team.

Remember, you can always start a new thread if you need further help.

If my response has answered your inquiry, please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Thanks,
        Genreve