Forum Discussion

Natty1
User
2 years ago

Show Suppliers invoice #, not auto generated bill # in bank feed

Can you please change the background setting to show the supplier invoice # in bank feeds when matching supplier payment not MYOB auto generated bill #. The bill number means nothing to us when the client reference the supplier invoice number when paying supplier invoices. There is so much extra time required to locate what bill # matches the invoice #. 

3 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    Sean_DC
    MYOB Moderator

Hi Natty1 

Thank you for your post. Welcome to the Community Forum. 

You can change the Supplier invoice number when creating a bill. You must type in the reference number located under the Billing number upon creating the bill to do that. When recording the payment to supplier, there is also another reference number in there that you can change for it to appear when matching bills.

I think that to be able to have just a setting for it in the background is a great idea. For now, it is something our teams haven't explored. You can post your ideas on our Product Ideas board so that our development team can be aware. 

Please feel free to post again. I'm happy to assist further.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users to find this information.

Natty1
      User

Hi Sean, 

This is extra work to fix the problem and is not a permanent solution.  We should not have to enter the supplier invoice number in the bill # section. 

MYOB should change the bank feed reference to show the supplier invoice # not the bill #.

When using integrated programs it is not possible to enter the supplier invoice # in the bill # section. 

Please put forward for this change. 

Sean_DC
        MYOB Moderator

Hi Natty1 

I understand how this must be an option that would make your experience easier. No worries, I will raise this feedback with the team. Thank you for that.