Forum Discussion

4Annette
Experienced User
2 years ago

bank transactions information

I cannot see where to change what is displayed in the 'Match or Allocate' column. Currently it displays the CR number of the payment. As this number is only used by MYOB to track the payment and the client doesn't know it and I certainly don't know it, why if would  be what is displayed.

Surely the Invoice number that it is allocated to would help me much more, like in the old version.

I also have a problem with the unpaid invoices report..... it doesn't list the invoices.... just a total amount that is no help and makes me have to actually print one report then access every client individually.... or chop and change screens.

Also the recapture is a problem, slowing me down by at least 10 seconds each invoice now take double the time to produce invoices..... 

On the create invoice screen why isn't the cursor live in the client window when the page opens? yet another slow down.... have to use the mouse to click in the box to choose a client.

In a time when stream lining and efficient use of time is important MYOB have introduced a new look program that has more than doubled the time I need to use it.

Please let me know if there are things I am missing to avoid all this wasted time. If not please let me go back to the old not so flash far more usable version.

3 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • Hi 4Annette 

When you are allocating or matching bank transactions you are matching them to payment transactions such as invoice payment or pay bills transactions. As such, once you have entered that match the system will showcase the reference number of that payment transaction, not the invoice number that was paid off in that payment transaction. This is not a change you can make to directly showcase the invoice number on that Bank transactions window.

Most reports in MYOB Business will run in summary mode by default and show a summary of information. If you are needing more of a detailed view, such as the individual customer's invoices on the Unpaid invoice report, after running the report you would need to select the expand option for that customer (down arrow far right) or the Expand all option to expand all the listed records.

Recaptcha is a verification point added when sending invoices. This is a feature added to newly created MYOB Business (can also happen to migrated ones from Original MYOB Essentials) and will typically disappear over time.

4Annette
      Experienced User

Hi Steven,

Thanks the expand option definitely solves that problem. :)

When I talk about the refence number of the payment showing I mean in the right column of the bank transaction page, afterbeing allocated it used to show 'matched to invoice 1234' now it shows 'matched to customer payment CR0225', which doesn't make a lot of sense cause it IS the payment and has that number already, so can't be matched to a CR number that is auto allocated or can I change it to show the invoice number? 

Also on the bank transactions page when you choose 'match transaction' and type in a invoice number the line it displays shows REF: (invoice number) and then the invoice number is also shown in the DESCRIPTION, can I change that to show the client name? As often clients enter the wrong invoice number with their payment and I used to be able to cross check it seeing the name on the invoice as well as the invoice number. I don't need to see the invoice number twice.

Steven_M
        Former Staff

Hi 4Annette 

As indicated in my previous reply, the invoice number is not able to be listed as the matching component reference number. This is due to the fact that you are not matching the bank transaction to the invoice number, you are matching it to the MYOB Business transaction with reference number <insert customer payment number>>.

In terms of the description on the Match transaction window it should show the following format for invoices "Sales; <<Customer Name>>" i.e. Sales; John Smith. If you are showing a different value it is likely a hold over from the migration of the data and any new transactions shouldn't show that reference number, only that description listed earlier.