Payroll

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
DavidBradford
Contributing User
5 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

5Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Payroll

Hi, I am receiving the following error message when trying to complete a pay run and not sure how to correct:

An unrecognised error occurred - EmployeePaymentTemplateHourlyWagesLine_EntitlementPayrollCategoryMissing

Can you please help. 

5 REPLIES 5
Tracey_H
12,172 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

12,172Posts

0Kudos

1,836Solutions

Re: Payroll

Hi @DavidBradford 

Thanks for your post. That message indicates you have one (or more) wage pay items linked to more than one leave pay item. For example, you have a wage pay item called "Annual leave pay" and this is linked to both the Annual leave and personal leave pay items.

To fix this you will need to complete the following steps:

1. Go to Payroll>> Pay items
  2. Choose Leave
  3. Go through your pay items and check the Link wage pay item. You want to ensure that no wage pay item is listed on multiple leave pay items.
  4. Once you have determined the wage pay item that is linked on multiple select the cross (far right) to unlink that pay item. You can add a linked wages option using the Add linked wages.
  5. Save the pay item.

Just a brief description of what a link wage pay item is, it would be the pay item that you use to reduce that leave pay item's balance. For example, you might have Annual leave pay linked to the Annual Leave Accrual.

Something else to check is that all pay items have an ATO reporting cateogry assigned.

Please let me know if you need further help.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Cheers,
Tracey
Previously @bungy15

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

DavidBradford
Contributing User
5 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

5Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Thanks Tracey,

I couldn’t fully understand your instructions so I went to my accountant who assisted me.

I also have a query in relation to Casual employees. On their payslip, an annual salary is shown. The amount is based on their base rate x 38hrs p/wk x 52wks. I tried reducing their “Hours in a pay cycle” to nil but that resulted in an error message saying that this value could not be nil.

This should not be happening. Potentially, an employee could use this payslip as evidence of an annual salary while applying for a rental property or bank loan. It is false information and I am not happy that it appears on the payslip. How can it be removed ?    

Cheers...........David

Tracey_H
12,172 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

12,172Posts

0Kudos

1,836Solutions

Hi @DavidBradford 

The ability to remove the annual salary field from payslips has been logged as an enhancement request for a future update. In the meantime, you can change the hours in the Hours in a pay cycle field to an average of their worked hours. The payslip does show the actual YTD amount in the YTD column.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Cheers,
Tracey
Previously @bungy15

MYOB Community Support

Did my answer help?

DavidBradford
Contributing User
5 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

5Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Thanks Tracey,

I'll make those adjustments pending the enhancement. 

In the old version of Essentials, I was able to download the payslips as a bulk download (i.e. 8 staff at the same time). Is that option available in the upgrade ? 

In the old version of Essentials, Pay History went back to when the employee started (several years if necessary). In the newer version, it appears to go back no more than 12mths. Am I reading it wrong ? Is there a way to go back further ? 

Cheers......David 

Tracey_H
12,172 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

12,172Posts

0Kudos

1,836Solutions

Hi @DavidBradford 

At this stage, you need to individually select the payslips to download and print.

The Pay history in the employee card>>Payroll details tab>>Pay history is only the current year. This is the YTD amounts sent to the ATO in STP. You can run payroll reports, eg the Pay run history report, for previous years.

Cheers,
Tracey
Previously @bungy15

MYOB Community Support

Did my answer help?

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post