Items

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Leigh_P
Experienced User
34 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

34Posts

6Kudos

0Solutions

Items

When trying to link different costs to differest assets I am using 'items' for the assets. I then have transactions with different expense accounts such as one transaction is for repairs and maintenance and the next transaction is for the vehicle license. When I slect the asset item ID it only allows me to use the expense account that is set up for that item. If this is how MYOB works, can anyone offer another suggestion on how to do it a different way that suits MYOB? The MYOB help said I can change the item ID linked code each time before I allocate a transaction but that seems owneress and if a transaction needs to be split to say fuel and repairs and maintenance, I can't link both the fuel and repairs and maintenance to the the item.

1 REPLY 1
Komal_S
MYOB Moderator
8,280 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

8,280Posts

741Kudos

1,164Solutions

Re: Items

Hi @Leigh_P 

Whereas it's not possible to link an item to 2 different expense accounts, you can create 2 different items and link them to different accounts that way if that meets your business needs. 

Kind regards,
Komal

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post