Forum Discussion

3 months ago
Solved

First Pay for new employee

Hi all, 

I have a new employee all loaded in payroll and teams. They have submitted their weeks worth of timesheets which I have approved however I can't add them to the payrun. Has anyone else experienced this and how do I process their pay today?

• Hi Tester2,

Thanks for your post, and welcome to the Community Forum. There might be a few reasons why you're unable to add the new employee to the payroll. 

Here are a few things you could check:

1. Ensure that the employee's details are correctly filled out and saved in the system. This includes their bank account details and tax information.
    2. Check if the employee's start date falls within the payrun period. If the start date is after the payrun period, they won't be included in the payrun.
    3. Make sure the employee's employment status is set to 'active'. If their status is set to 'inactive', they won't be included in the payrun.
    4. Check if this employee has a termination date entered on their card. If a termination date has been entered, they will not appear in a pay run.
    5. Make sure that the pay cycle set up for the new employee is accurate on the pay cycle of your pay run. For example, if the pay cycle is weekly, check under the payroll details to see if the pay cycle is set to weekly as well; if not, the employee will not appear in a pay run.

You may check out this help article for the step-by-step process of doing a pay run.

Let me know if you require further help.

Otherwise, if my response has been useful, I kindly ask that you click the "Accept As Solution" button to help others find this information.

Kind regards,

Shella

1 Reply

Shella_A
    MYOB Moderator

Hi Tester2,

Thanks for your post, and welcome to the Community Forum. There might be a few reasons why you're unable to add the new employee to the payroll. 

Here are a few things you could check:

1. Ensure that the employee's details are correctly filled out and saved in the system. This includes their bank account details and tax information.
    2. Check if the employee's start date falls within the payrun period. If the start date is after the payrun period, they won't be included in the payrun.
    3. Make sure the employee's employment status is set to 'active'. If their status is set to 'inactive', they won't be included in the payrun.
    4. Check if this employee has a termination date entered on their card. If a termination date has been entered, they will not appear in a pay run.
    5. Make sure that the pay cycle set up for the new employee is accurate on the pay cycle of your pay run. For example, if the pay cycle is weekly, check under the payroll details to see if the pay cycle is set to weekly as well; if not, the employee will not appear in a pay run.

You may check out this help article for the step-by-step process of doing a pay run.

Let me know if you require further help.

Otherwise, if my response has been useful, I kindly ask that you click the "Accept As Solution" button to help others find this information.

Kind regards,

Shella