Forum Discussion

DianneF
Contributing Cover User
3 years ago

Payroll problem

When running payroll on Essentials ,I get this error message when attempting to send payroll inofrmation to the ATO: 

An unrecognised error occurred - EmployeePaymentTemplateHourlyWagesLine_EntitlementPayrollCategoryMissing

I have searched everywhere and cannot find a solution, can anyone help please and as such cannot complete the payroll run.

5 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • Hi DianneF

Thanks for your post. This is caused by one or more wage categories in the pay run are missing the ATO reporting category, to resolve this you will need to check each wage category in the pay run and ensure that each wage category has an ATO reporting category associated with it. This can be done by opening the wage category from the Payroll menu, and choosing the ATO reporting category.  Please don’t forget to click Save to ensure that the ATO reporting category selection has been saved.

Once all of the wage categories on a pay have an ATO reporting category assigned, the pay should be able to be reported without any errors.

Do let me know how you go. 

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

DianneF
      Contributing Cover User

Hi Melisa

Thank you for your email. I have done this and all payroll categories already have an ATO reporting category assigned to them.

Do you have any other suugestions to fix this issue please.

DianneF
        Contributing Cover User

Hi again Melisa

After trying absolutely everything it would appear that I can submit the payroll if I remove those employees who used sick leave entitlements in that payrun.  The sick leave is linked to the correct ATO reporting category, so that is not the issue.  Do you think I should remove the sick leave category and then re-add it to see if that fixes the issue?  Will I lose the information regarding staff's current sick leave entitlements if I do this?

many thanks for you help