Forum Discussion

Simon10
Contributing User
10 months ago
Solved

Electronic customer invoice payments not matching correctly

When customers have paid an invoice electronically including a surcharge, the invoice is marked as paid but the payment is listed as an unallocated transaction. For example the invoice was for $400 and the customer was charged $407.20. This amount of $407.20 js listed s unallocted and the invoice marked as closed. 

How do I resolve this issue?

• Hi Simon10

Thanks for reaching out and welcome to Community Forum.

My understanding is the invoice was paid via the Online Invoice Payment, as the invoice was marked paid right after. Generally, the surcharge and the charge are separated with the surcharge having the same bank transaction name with an added "s". Under the bank transaction window if the transactions have not automatically matched we could manually choose the invoice to match it to, making sure to have the filters as "all transactions" and "show paid bills". 

Here is the help article Online invoice payments for more information regarding the feature. 

If my understanding is incorrect feel free to clarify, also screenshots to determine the issue would be much appreciated. 

We look forward to your response. If you have any other concerns feel free to include them in your next response.

Cheers, 

Genreve

2 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • Hi Simon10

Thanks for reaching out and welcome to Community Forum.

My understanding is the invoice was paid via the Online Invoice Payment, as the invoice was marked paid right after. Generally, the surcharge and the charge are separated with the surcharge having the same bank transaction name with an added "s". Under the bank transaction window if the transactions have not automatically matched we could manually choose the invoice to match it to, making sure to have the filters as "all transactions" and "show paid bills". 

Here is the help article Online invoice payments for more information regarding the feature. 

If my understanding is incorrect feel free to clarify, also screenshots to determine the issue would be much appreciated. 

We look forward to your response. If you have any other concerns feel free to include them in your next response.

Cheers, 

Genreve

Simon10
      Contributing User

Thanks, it seems it just needed some time to match the transaction.