Forum Discussion

MAJackie
Contributing User
11 months ago
Solved

Accountright file owner

I was/am the company file owner of my previous employer's files. I've looked up how to change file ownership and changed the primary contact as per the posts I read in the forum. The new file owner hasn't received any confirmation email and still can't add another user (it says they need to be the file owner).

My my.myob no longer says I'm the primary contact but under "Invite new online administrator", I'm still listed as Owner.

What do I need to do please?

• Hi MAJackie 

Thanks for confirming. I'll send you the email of our Change Of Details form to get this sorted.

Regards,
    Earl

6 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    Earl_HD
    MYOB Moderator

Hi MAJackie

Thank you so much for your post and sorry to hear that you were not able to add another user. I'd be glad to take a look at this for you. Can you please confirm if it is happening for all company file when you try to add another user? If not, can you please reply what Company File ID you are having issues in adding another user? 

Looking at the email that is linked to your account it's already the File owner/Primary Contact. I've also refreshed something  on the back ends please do let me know if your still having issues.

Regards,
    Earl

MAJackie
      Contributing User

Hi Earl,

I am currently the primary contact/file owner but I need to transfer file ownership to someone else.

I tried to change primary contact but it didn't seem to work.

How can I transfer file ownership of all files under 2 serial numbers to someone else please?

Earl_HD
        MYOB Moderator

Hi MAJackie 

Thanks for confirming. I'll send you the email of our Change Of Details form to get this sorted.

Regards,
        Earl