Forum Discussion

8 days ago

Change of owner

Hi

Our file has two owners, one is our previous accountant that wishes to be removed from being an owner. 

Are you able to provide me with instructions on how this can be done?

I have sent a support request and have not received a response and have not been able to get through on the phone.

Thanks in advance

6 Replies

thomas642daniel
    Contributing User

Hello,

I understand the urgency of your situation. Here are the steps to remove an owner from a file:

Steps to Remove an Owner from a File
    Open File Explorer: Navigate to the file or folder you want to change ownership of.
    Access Properties: Right-click on the file or folder and select Properties.
    Security Tab: Go to the Security tab and click on the Advanced button at the bottom right.
    Change Owner: In the Advanced Security Settings window, you will see the current owner listed. Click on the Change link next to the “Owner” label.
    Select New Owner: In the Select User or Group window, click on Advanced, then Find Now. This will list all users and groups available on the computer.
    Select the user you want to transfer ownership to and click OK.
    Apply Changes: Back in the Advanced Security Settings window, check the boxes for:
    Replace owner on sub containers and objects
    Replace all child permission entries with inheritable permission entries from this object
    Click Apply and OK to confirm the changes.
    Remove Previous Owner: To remove access for the previous owner, go back to the Advanced Security Settings and remove any existing user permissions for the previous publixpassport owner.

Hope that helps.

PJsBiz
      Experienced User

Hi Thomas.  Thank you for your reply.  As the MYOB data file is used on the desktop version of Account Right, I believe that it is still "online" and also a database where its not only one file that needs the owner changed.  I'm wondering whether your instructions above are for a single file like a spreadsheet or similar? 

Thanks 

MeliC

Thanks for your response. It is the online owner that I am seeking to change.

Jemar_C
        MYOB Moderator

Hi MeliC,

I understand that you would like to remove an online owner of the file. You may follow the steps in this link for the detailed instructions.

Feel free to write a post if you need further assistance.

Cheers,

Jem