Forum Discussion

BronwynHamster
Trusted Cover User
24 days ago

Cost Centres and Superannuation Payments

Good morning!

Yesterday I paid superannuation utilising MYOB Pay Superannuation. MYOB is still not functioning correctly when it comes to allocating the payments back to the cost centre used in the payroll process. MYOB doesn't record it back to any cost centre.

Cheers, Bronwyn

4 Replies

Jemar_C
    MYOB Moderator

Hi BronwynHamster,

Thanks for your post. Usually, you cannot allocate transactions such as  Pay BillsReceive PaymentsPrepare Bank DepositSettle Returns and Credits/Debits and Pay/Receive Refunds. When entering these transactions, the cost centres assigned to the original transactions will be used. For example, the cost centres assigned to purchases appearing in the Pay Bills window will also be assigned to the payment. But since the transaction is under payroll, may I know if you have used the steps below in creating a cost centre:

1. Go to the Lists menu and choose Cost Centres. The Cost Centres List window appears.
    2. Click New. The Cost Centre Information window appears.
    3. In the Cost Centre ID field, type a code that will be used to identify the cost centre and press Tab.
    4. In the Cost Centre Name field, type the name of the cost centre.
    5. In the Description field, type a description of the cost centre or notes relating to the cost centre.
    6. Click OK.

If yes, please try to clear the cache of your Accountright by checking the steps in this link. Feel free to write a post if you need further assistance.

Cheers,

Jem

BronwynHamster
      Trusted Cover User

Thanks for your detailed response Jem.

I understand the software allocation process, have been using Categories, now renamed Cost Centres, since MYOB first made them available in MYOB Classic back in the early 2000's. When MYOB migrated to online platform in 2013 it failed to address Categories. When MYOB advised Cost Centres were available a month ago I thought the issues around Superannuation and Electronic Funds transfers would have been addressed. Sadly, that is not the case. So, one of my Clients cannot migrate from MYOB Classic as we must provide a Balance Sheet for each of our Productions. Companies who ran Trust Accounts also had the same issue.

Cheers, Bronwyn

Jemar_C
        MYOB Moderator

Hi BronwynHamster,

I can see that you are encountering some snags with Cost Centre. We've just updated the language to make it more user-friendly it's formerly known as 'Categories', and yes, currently, it's not available in Accountright Classic. For more detailed information on Cost Center, please check out this helpful article.

Feel free to write a post if you need further assistance.

Cheers,

Jem