Forum Discussion

jmiw77
User
2 years ago

Unauthorised access

Just wondering if anybody else had this happened to them.  On 29/6, I received the usual security check email from MYOB "Security check: MYOB business settings have changed" notifying me whenever a bank account is changed.  

2 suppliers' bank accounts were somehow changed.  Someone had unauthorised access to the file and changed these bank details.  I certainly didn't change it and no one else in the business accesses MYOB.  It's only me and the accountant that do and I have 2FA security set up too.

Would MYOB be able to trace who'd made these changes?  It's really scary to think that scammers could do this, change bank account details within MYOB??  Lucky that I received that email notifying me, as I was just about to make end of month payments.

I changed my password straight away and I called these suppliers to double check if they'd changed their bank account.  

I tried calling MYOB as soon as this happened, but each time I was on hold for close to an hour 😒

If someone could help clarify this please.

3 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    Hannah_V
    MYOB Moderator

Hi, jmiw77 thank you for reaching out, and welcome to Community Forum!

First of all, I would like to apologize for this experience. I understand how you felt in that situation. 

I would like to further investigate here on my end, to assist you with that, please send me a private message with the following information:

• Serial Number
    • First and Last Name
    • Company Name

Regards,

Hannah

jmiw77
      User

Thanks Hannah but I can't seem to PM you?  This is the page I came to when I clicked on the link.

Sean_DC
        MYOB Moderator

Hi jmiw77 

We take security and privacy seriously. It would be best to reach out to our designated team who handles this type of concern that you experienced. Kindly check this PAGE for the details on how to get in touch with the right support. Please let me know if you have questions or clarifications and I'll be glad to assist further.