Forum Discussion

2 years ago

ATO report not matching with MYOB STP

One of the employee STP figures in ATO is not matching with wage report in MYOB. The employee changed from casual to permanent in mid year. Since the, only the payg has been corrrectly reported to ATO but not the gross wage. Current wage report in MYOB and STP report from ATO, I can see only PAYG amount is matching but Gross wage is way different. Can anyone help? Thanks 

3 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    Doreen_P
    MYOB Moderator

Hi sagrthapa 

Thanks for your post and Welcome to MYOB Community Forum. 

If an employee's STP figures doesn't match the ATO reports, kindly check the ATO Reporting Category set up for each pay item. Make sure that they do have correct reporting category. To check this, go to Payroll > Pay items > Check the pay items for each tab > Once checked, kindly run a zero dollar pay run which will allow the employee's figures to update. After that, you may check the reports again to see if they do match. You may also run the Payroll Register and Payroll Activity reports to check the figures.

Please let me know if you need further assistance.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Best regards,
    Doreen

sagrthapa
      User

Hi Doreen,

Appreciate your reply. I have attached the reporting category..Please have a look if it is right. The employee was made base hourly previously then we changed to base salary as he became permanent. However, since then, only payg figure is update in ATO portal via STP. None of the wages is updated. I have tried with ATO as well but only solution they have was to submit an update event which I have done numerous times. So, your help would be hightly appreciated. Thank you. 

Doreen_P
        MYOB Moderator

Hi sagrthapa 

Thanks for the update.

Kindly check the employee card file if the Salary wage pay item is the same to what you have attached on your reply. To check this, go to Payroll > Employees > Click the name of the employee > Payroll details > Salary and wages tab > Under allocated wage pay items, click Salary then check if it has an ATO reporting category. If you can confirm that there is a reporting category, kindly process a zero dollar pay run for this employee. Make sure that all pay items are zero. Once done, record and report it to the ATO. This is to ensure that the ATO will receive the update figures of your employee. 

Also if you can send a screenshot of the reports through private message where we can see that the figures don't match. 

Please let me know how it goes.

Best regards,

Doreen