Forum Discussion

suegeorge
Experienced User
2 years ago

Need to delete a "payment" I accidentally created

Please help.  

I didn't get any responses to my question this morning.  I'll try to explain it better.

I'm creating an invoice, but suddenly a payment appeared. NOT from a bank transaction.  It's like i've accidentally created a manual payment.  But I can't find it and delete it.

Can anyone tell me how I might have done that and how to correct it?

Thanks

Sue

15 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    suegeorge
    Experienced User

Hi everyone, and thanks in advance

I'm a beginner.  I was just making an invoice for a client and it looks great BUT i must have pressed a wrong button and somehow an invoice for $2500 has turned into an invoice for $5000 and it says there was a payment for $2500???

In other words it looks like a "payment" for $2500 has been added BUT there was no payment.  Also, MYOB doesn't show me a payment record in the "activity" so I don't know how to correct it.

I tried to delete the whole invoice and start again, but I can't delete the invoice because it has a (false) payment record relating to it.

Many thanks for your help

Sue

• Hi suegeorge

Thanks for your post. I'm happy to help, can you please provide a screenshot of the invoice activity history so I can assist. 

Melisa_D
        Former Staff

Hi suegeorge

Thank you for the screenshot. Can you please go to the banking tab > find transactions. Can you expand the date range and select all accounts, in the search field can you please enter 2,500. Does a transaction appear ? 

If it does, can you click into it and attempt to delete the payment. 

Do let me know how you go. 

suegeorge
      Experienced User

You can see where I've somehow created a "payment" but they haven't paid ... and it doesn't show on the "activity".  How on earth did I manage that? lol