Forum Discussion

mazzstefa
Contributing User
3 years ago

Receipting issue MYOB

We are having some issues with the Receipting going across in to MYOB from Workshop Software where the items are being sent across showing $0.00 whereas previously and normally they should be coming in to MYOB as the amount receipted. For example if a customers bill is $320 and we process it through workshop software – it is showing up in MYOB as the customers name and a $0.00 amount receipt instead of the $320 amount.

Another issue is the customers we have on account are coming up when we process them instead of only coming across once we receipt them – not sure if there have been any updates or issues as this error has been happening for the last couple of weeks and therefore we haven’t been able to receipt anything for weeks now.

If someone can please enlighten us to what the issue might be that would be great. We have spent the last couple of weeks going back and forth with MYOB and our invoicing system Workshop Software and no one can help, its getting on to 4 weeks with no resolve and no receipting.

Regards 

• Hi mazzstefa 

Thanks for your post. As you are importing your invoices via Workshop Software, I would recommend contacting them directly. When there is an issue they will be able to contact our developers directly to solve this on the back end for you.

We would be able to assist when you have to enter or adjust the transactions in your company file. Could you please clarify where customers are coming up when you process them and how you send them receipts? If you could add screenshots of the windows and issues you are having, I will be able to assist you better.

• Hi mazzstefa 

Thanks for your post. As you are importing your invoices via Workshop Software, I would recommend contacting them directly. When there is an issue they will be able to contact our developers directly to solve this on the back end for you.

We would be able to assist when you have to enter or adjust the transactions in your company file. Could you please clarify where customers are coming up when you process them and how you send them receipts? If you could add screenshots of the windows and issues you are having, I will be able to assist you better.

mazzstefa
      Contributing User
      Hi Yanike

Thank you for your reply.  

I have been contacting Workshop Software for the past two weeks and each time they say it is a display issue with MYOB.  I first contacted MYOB as soon as the problem arose around 5/4/22.  They mentioned something about trade debtors but I was unsure so I contacted the accountant and he could not see any issue but agreed that there was a problem.

Sales the day are receipted in Workshop Software and these come across into MYOB as receipts no invoice numbers (these are only visible if I click on the CR numbers which I need to do sometimes if two people pay the same amount).  To match POS takings for the day I go to prepare bank deposit and click on the corresponding amounts to total the POS amount and these then get matched with the bank deposit.  

The problem arose when the all the Sales starting coming across from Workshop Software to MYOB which show the Workshop Invoice number and person's name on the invoice and the amount they paid.  As well as that the receipt comes through with $0 amount next to it.   So to remove them off the screen I have to tick both of these.  

Biggest problem is when I process 30 day account payments at the end of the week instead of coming through as an $amount it comes through as $0 and I am unable to match them at all.  

The receipts are created in Workshop Software and these come across with a CRnumber as a payment.  As there is private information on the screenshots I just need to confirm that they will not be visible to the community forum. Once that is confirmed I will send them through to you.

Kind regards
      mazzstefa
        mazzstefa
        Contributing User

Hi Yanike

Here is a snapshot of what I am trying to explain regarding the Sales coming across into MYOB and the $0 processed amounts which I am unable to match to a bank deposit from 30 day account payables.

Hope you can help me with this.

Kind regards 

mazzstefa