Forum Discussion

2 years ago

Taking payment at Point Of Sale- counter

Is there a setting to allow a user to take payment when invoicing without having to record then go out of invoicing to Sales Register and search then bring up the invoice again to enter payment type and account?

4 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    Genreve_S
    MYOB Moderator

Hi Aquafresh

Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the Community Forum. 

I understand how that feature would make the application more useful in certain cases. Recording payments first in a quicker manner and adding additional details later.  Currently, there is no option to do this. Rest assured we will raise this with the development team as a suggestion. 

In the meantime, feel free to let us know if you require any other assistance. We're happy to help. 

Cheers, 

Genreve

Genreve_S
    MYOB Moderator

Hi Aquafresh

Hope you are doing well. Currently, the app does not have a built-in feature that could do this. I would suggest checking the App Marketplace to see what application we could integrate with your AccountRight to do the POS function. 

We appreciate your post in the forum. Let us know how we can help you further.

Cheers, 

Genreve

• Honestly, that answer is not very acceptable. So, if i am hearing you correctly, our answer to this little but hugely important work flow issue is to spend money with another software provider to fix a very obvious flaw in your software?

Is Myob only for the number crunchers and not the everyday front end users? Surely the payment button can be moved to the page so that is records the transaction then opens the payment window? (For the programers - Do you want to process payment now > if no then record and close the window)

Genreve_S
        MYOB Moderator

Hi Aquafresh

I'm sorry to know you feel that way.

I understand that it's a simple yet very convenient feature to have. Unfortunately, there is no way to record any transactions without it being connected to any invoice or any payment method. Pre-recording the payments then adding information later, can't be done yet because the application could not record any transactions that have not affected the ledger.

We appreciate your patience and rest assured this has been raised as a suggestion to the development team. 

Thanks, 

Genreve