Forum Discussion

Feebie
Trusted Cover User
2 years ago
Solved

Changing from Fulltime to Casual

Hi there - last fortnight an employee asked to be changed from Full time to part time.  We paid out all the entitlements owed to that point.  On the Employee card, we changed the Employment Basis to Casual, changed the Employment Category to Temporary, changed her hourly rate.   We need to stop the Annual Leave accruing, but when we untick the "Wages" section on her card, the error message says we cant "deselect as they have been used on recorded timesheets"

If I try to deslect from the Payroll Categories - same thing.  I've looked at the MYOB "how to" section, but maybe I'm missing something.

Please help ASAP. thank you :)

Feebie
    2 years ago

Hi Gavin - thanks for your reply.  I firstly need to correct my initial post by saying that the change was from Fulltime to CASUAL (not Part time).

I think I missled you to thinking I had unticked wages - but that was not the case I actually unticked the AnnLeave on the Employee card under the WAGES SECTION (so as not to confuse it with unticking from the CATEGORIES section - although I did try both and the same message appeared - the error message says we cant "deselect as they have been used on recorded timesheets" 

On the Employee card, we also had changed the Employment Basis to Casual, changed the Employment Category to Temporary, changed her hourly rate., & deselected the entitlements - but the last fortnight still seemed to accrue.

If I try to deslect from the Payroll Categories - same thing.

I guess I will have to just zero out the entitlement manually and hope it doesn't accrue next fortnight

2 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • Hi Feebie 

Presumably you will still pay the employee wages, so no need un-ticking that. If the issue is with the accrual, suggest you go to the Entitlements tab/section under Payroll Details on card and un-tick those.

Regards

Gavin

Feebie
      Trusted Cover User

Hi Gavin - thanks for your reply.  I firstly need to correct my initial post by saying that the change was from Fulltime to CASUAL (not Part time).

I think I missled you to thinking I had unticked wages - but that was not the case I actually unticked the AnnLeave on the Employee card under the WAGES SECTION (so as not to confuse it with unticking from the CATEGORIES section - although I did try both and the same message appeared - the error message says we cant "deselect as they have been used on recorded timesheets" 

On the Employee card, we also had changed the Employment Basis to Casual, changed the Employment Category to Temporary, changed her hourly rate., & deselected the entitlements - but the last fortnight still seemed to accrue.

If I try to deslect from the Payroll Categories - same thing.

I guess I will have to just zero out the entitlement manually and hope it doesn't accrue next fortnight