Forum Discussion

charly
Experienced Cover User
6 years ago
Solved

Duplicate Employee Card causing STP EOFY Finalisation issue

Hi MYOB Community,

We had an employee resign and leave the company in December 2018.  They have re-joined the company in June 2019.  Wanting to retain the former employment details, I made their previous card inactive and started a new card for them.  This has caused an issue with the STP report for end of year as their Lump Sum A for unused annual leave paid out amount was not showing on either of the 2 EOFY reports for that employee.

After speaking with our Accountant, they advised that I undo the paryoll transaction on the new employee card and re-do it using the previous employee card, which I did and this resolved that issue.

However, in reversing the payroll transaction on the new card - no report has been sent to the ATO through STP to show that this transaction has been reversed or cancelled and now I have a duplicate for this employee of their June 2019 payroll in the EOFY finalisation page on Payroll Reporting.  I did not have the option to delete as superannuation payments have been processed for the April-June 2019 quarter.

Is there some way I can delete that report from the Payroll Reporting EOFY Finalisation page?

Thanking you

charly

• Hi charly 

You can’t delete an STP report, you need to create an update event. 

If all YTD amounts on the new card are now zero you can process a $0 pay for that card, which will update the YTD amounts with the ATO to zero.

Let me know how you go

Tracey

3 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    bungy15
    Ultimate Cover User

Hi charly 

You can’t delete an STP report, you need to create an update event. 

If all YTD amounts on the new card are now zero you can process a $0 pay for that card, which will update the YTD amounts with the ATO to zero.

Let me know how you go

Tracey

charly
      Experienced Cover User

Hi bungy15 @(tracey)

Thanks so much for that guidance - it worked a treat and now I have that trick (so to speak) up my sleeve.

cheers

charly

bungy15
        Ultimate Cover User

You’re very welcome charly , good to hear it worked for you 😊