Forum Discussion

tomoz
Experienced Cover User
3 days ago

is STP down?

Just finished a payroll and tried to record the pay as usual via my desktop version - I am getting the following error message:   Validating payroll information for Single Touch Payroll failed.  We could not check your payroll information for Single Touch Payroll reporting. 

Trying to lodge via the browser version and going to payroll reporting, I am told that I need to set up STP first?  We have paid via STP for some years, so I baffled with this error?

Doreen_P
    MYOB Moderator

Hi there tomoz,

To resolve the error, "Validating payroll information for Single Touch Payroll failed. We could not check your payroll information for Single Touch Payroll reporting," you can follow the steps below:

• Check ATO registration. Make sure that you have called the ATO and registered MYOB as your software provider. This step is crucial for STP reporting.
    • STP Setup for Each User. Each user needs to go through the STP setup process. Here’s how:
      • Go to app.myob.com.
      • Sign in with your user credentials.
      • Go to the Payroll tab at the top.
      • Select Single touch payroll reporting from the list at the bottom.
      • Click ATO settings and then Get Started and follow the prompts.
      • Confirm that you have notified the ATO and that no other software is used for the year.
      • Click through to the end and then click OK.

Best regards,

Doreen

tomoz
    Experienced Cover User

Doreen,

thank you - the relevant part of your answer was that I had previously operated myob with a different user id and my new user id was not set up for STP. Logging out and logging in using my previous id solved the problem and I was able to lodge as usual. 

Looking for something else?

Search the Community Forum for answers or find your topic and get the conversation started!

Community home

Dig into MYOB Academy for free courses, learning paths and live events to help build your business with MYOB.