Forum Discussion

Antcity
Experienced Cover User
5 years ago
Solved

Notify ATO JobKeeper again in new payroll year - problem

Re. this notification....

Updated 9 July 2020

If your employees are still eligible for JobKeeper payments in the new payroll year, you'll need to notify the ATO again of each employee's First Jobkeeper fortnight. See task 4 'Notify the ATO that you're starting to pay JobKeeper' for details.

I have finalised STP for 19/20 and am following instructions for task 4 as mentioned above, however when I go to the JobKeeper Payments in Payroll Reporting Centre, and select the new financial year, the screen is empty, none of my employees are showing up to be selected or not. I have closed and reopened MYOB but hit this snag. Am I missing a step?

• I've now entered the first pay run for 20/21 and after submitting that to ATO through STP, the employees now show up in the JobKeeper screen for 20/21. Have solved my own problem. 

9 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    jce123
    Experienced Cover User

Can you please confirm if these needs to be done for Accountedge Network Edition V18.6 as well, as I haven't had any information on needing to do this emailed to me? I have already processed 2 payruns for this payroll financial year

thanks

Tracey_H
      Former Staff

Hi jce123 

My apologies for the delay in replying to you. Are your employees appearing in the Payroll Reporting centre for the new financial year? They should have appeared once you processed a pay for them in July. Please do let me know if you are having any issues with this.

jce123
        Experienced Cover User

Hi Tracey

thanks for responding.. were using Accountedge network edition, do you mean the Payroll Reporting tab? where i submit weekly amounts to the ATO? If so yes they are showing up there but I read somehwere that you had to re notify ato that they are still elegible for the new payroll year as it doesnt seem to have a jobkeeper reporting section where i can check?

Antcity
    Experienced Cover User

I've now entered the first pay run for 20/21 and after submitting that to ATO through STP, the employees now show up in the JobKeeper screen for 20/21. Have solved my own problem.