Forum Discussion

mrshanna
Experienced Cover User
5 years ago
Solved

SINGLE TOUCH PAYROLL DELAY IN SENDING INFORMATION TO ATO

JUST AN IDEA/SUGGESTION

IS MYOB LOOKING ALLOWING US TO SEND STP DETAILS WHEN WE ARE READY INSTEAD OF SENDING AS SOON AS YOU POST PAYS.

THERE'S BEEN A FEW TIMES THAT I'VE REALISED AN ERROR AFTER POSTING PAYS TO ATO, IT WOULD BE A LOT LESS STRESSFUL IF YOU COULD JUST POST YOUR PAYS, THEN SEND THEM TO ATO AFTER YOU'VE POSTED PAYS.

• Hi mrshanna 

Your understanding is correct. In short, payroll reporting is based on year-to-date (YTD) information of an employee. So, by deleting that pay you remove that pay from the employee's YTD, then if you re-record that/a pay you are adding information into the employee's YTD which is then reported on through payroll reporting. 

The other option, as you have also rightly indicated, is wait until the next pay run. As superannuation is calculated on a monthly basis it will look at the full calendar month's value and make it an automatic adjustment to get it to be 9.5% for the month. Note: This option will only be valid if you have another pay in the same calendar month to do.

4 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • Hi mrshanna 

When payroll transactions have recorded these transactions in your software they are reported through to the ATO. We don't have any immediate plans to introduce a delayed system where a pay event is delayed or the user needs to submit that pay information manually.

In saying that, should you be in a situation where you have made a mistake in processing that pay the recommendation would be to delete that particular payroll transaction. This will remove that value for the employee's year-to-date history in which Payroll reporting is based off. Note: If you are going to delete or change the pay history of an employee don't forget to record the "new" pay transaction or record a zero dollar pay to report the now year-to-date figures to the ATO.

mrshanna
      Experienced Cover User

Thanks for your reply. 
      Am I correct in understand that if I delete the incorrect pay and repost a correct pay then ato records will be updated?  
      The mistake I made was posting too much super for 1 employee so if I remove that transaction and repost the ato records will be updated with less ytd super??  Otherwise I was just going to deduct the extra super amount from the next pay run. 

Steven_M
        Former Staff

Hi mrshanna 

Your understanding is correct. In short, payroll reporting is based on year-to-date (YTD) information of an employee. So, by deleting that pay you remove that pay from the employee's YTD, then if you re-record that/a pay you are adding information into the employee's YTD which is then reported on through payroll reporting. 

The other option, as you have also rightly indicated, is wait until the next pay run. As superannuation is calculated on a monthly basis it will look at the full calendar month's value and make it an automatic adjustment to get it to be 9.5% for the month. Note: This option will only be valid if you have another pay in the same calendar month to do.