Forum Discussion

Lyn6164
Partner
3 years ago
Solved

STP Recon Errors

STP finalisation on our clients file doesn't balance to the Payroll Activity Summary, which is correct and the Salary Sacrifice reconciled.  I can see 2 payruns a few months ago, where the payruns have been reversed and the correct payrun entered fine but the YTD totals are not correct.  So, I need to update the STP submission to balance to the Payroll Activity Summary.  From reading support notes, I think kthis can only be done on an amended pay event lodgement.  Is this correct?

• Hi Lyn6164 

The Payroll Activity report gets it's data from pays processed through Process payroll. The Payroll Register report and STP reports get their data from the employee card>>Pay History. So the first step when reconciling is to check that the Payroll Activity and Payroll Register report match. If they do, follow the instructions in the previously linked post, AccountRight reports don't match STP reports, to work out why the STP report is incorrect.

If those reports don't match it means that a manual adjustment has been made in Pay History in the employee card. If this is the case, you will need to change the Pay History back to what it was and process any changes/adjustments through Process Payroll. Then process a $0 pay to update STP.

Once you know what is causing the issue I'll be happy to help with how to fix it.

Please let me know how you go.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

4 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • Hi Lyn6164 

Thanks for your post. When a pay transaction is reversed and declared the YTD amounts are reduced by that payrun in STP. When the new payrun is processed and declared the YTD amounts are updated in STP. Each STP report overrides the previous one so the YTD amounts are updated each time a report is sent. This means that even if the reversal wasn't declared the YTD amounts would have been updated with each subsequent payrun sent.

You can try processing a $0 pay with payment date as the current date to send the current YTD amounts. If that doesn't fix your issue, check the Payroll activity and Payroll register reports match. This post, AccountRight reports don't match STP reports, has detailed information to assist with reconciling those reports.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Lyn6164
      Partner

Hi Tracey

I have reversed and re-entered a couple of pay runs for this STP balancing problem.  The Payroll Activity Summary is correct again after a few Updates, but the STP finalisation is still wrong!  i need to update the STP figures without changing the Payroll Activity Summary.   Is this do-able?

Tracey_H
        Former Staff

Hi Lyn6164 

The Payroll Activity report gets it's data from pays processed through Process payroll. The Payroll Register report and STP reports get their data from the employee card>>Pay History. So the first step when reconciling is to check that the Payroll Activity and Payroll Register report match. If they do, follow the instructions in the previously linked post, AccountRight reports don't match STP reports, to work out why the STP report is incorrect.

If those reports don't match it means that a manual adjustment has been made in Pay History in the employee card. If this is the case, you will need to change the Pay History back to what it was and process any changes/adjustments through Process Payroll. Then process a $0 pay to update STP.

Once you know what is causing the issue I'll be happy to help with how to fix it.