Forum Discussion

Baggi
User
2 years ago

Super annuation payment

Hi, 

Employee changed from working holiday maker to student visa within one month, So I created a new profile for the staff, which means her fortnightly pays belong to 2 different profiles . When I tried to make super payment through MYOB AR it seems she was treated as 2 different staff (understandable) and warning message says they should have individual membership numbers. 

Is there anyway to fix this when it comes to super payment? 

Thank you. 

3 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    SamaraM
    Former Staff

Hi Baggi 

Welcome to the MYOB community forum. When changing an employee's tax table, it is best to use the same card for reporting purposes and using Pay Super. 

We recommend reinstating the original employee card and making the new card inactive, which will resolve this error message.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Baggi
      User

Thank you SamarM for your reponse. If I follow your advice how should I deal with employee income statement at the end of the financial year? It will be one statement, but her income should be taxed differently, one part for working holiday maker and other part for resident.  Do I just send her 2 different payroll activty summary reports from MYOB? 

Thank you. 

SamaraM
        Former Staff

Hi Baggi 

Sorry for the delay in response.

In regards to reporting at the end of year, we would highly recommend that you consult your accountant or the ATO regarding the best way to record these transactions and to ensure you are meeting your tax obligations in this situation. 

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.