Forum Discussion

8 months ago
Solved

Terminated staff member showing not tax ready in their MyGov account

We have finalised the payroll and now an ex-employee is calling to say that their MyGov account is marked as not ready.

Everything has balanced at our end and the ATO helpline is "too busy" to take calls. We send employee terminations to the ATO at the end of each quarter. Everything looks fine on our end and no other employees have had this issue. Any suggestions?

• Hi NBAccounts,

Thank you for your response.

It is possible that the termination could be part of the issue. When you reprocess the finalization, please make sure to undo the finalization for this certain employee, remove the termination date from the card file, and do the same with the employee termination tab under the STP reporting center before finalizing it again. Once you redo the finalization, make sure that the finalization has been accepted by the ATO and there is no error code. 

Please let me know if you require any further assistance with this. I'd be delighted to help you.

Cheers,

Princess

3 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • Hi NBAccounts,

Thank you for your post, and welcome to the Community forum.

If you've got an employee reporting that their income statements are not tax-ready, there are two things to check in the STP reporting center. One is that the employee has the final indicator ticked in the EOFY finalization tab. The second thing is that the finalization report has been accepted. If the status is accepted, you'd need to check with the ATO on what is holding up the finalization on their end. The other thing you may do to resolve this is to undo the finalization and redo the finalization. Please refer to End of Year Finalization with Single Touch Payroll Reporting for further information about reprocessing your finalization.

Please let me know if you require any further assistance with this. I'm more than happy to assist.

Cheers,

Princess

NBAccounts
      User

Hi Princess

The staff member's final indicator is ticked and the reports are finalised. Unfortunately the ATO is not taking calls due to their high calls volumes so I can't check the problem. The staff member did terminate during the financial year, could that be part of the issue. I did following the step by step guide for STP finalisation.

Princess_R
        MYOB Moderator

Hi NBAccounts,

Thank you for your response.

It is possible that the termination could be part of the issue. When you reprocess the finalization, please make sure to undo the finalization for this certain employee, remove the termination date from the card file, and do the same with the employee termination tab under the STP reporting center before finalizing it again. Once you redo the finalization, make sure that the finalization has been accepted by the ATO and there is no error code. 

Please let me know if you require any further assistance with this. I'd be delighted to help you.

Cheers,

Princess