Forum Discussion

RLG
User
2 months ago

Cannot sign in / open company file

Update #2: closed myob an hour ago, and now cannot access the file again. The same cycling is happening, but it won't even go to the sign in page now - just recently opened company files list.

Update: have cleared the cache, and can now access the file. Thanks Shella for the suggestion to intunemusic.

I'm trying to sign in and open my company file, without success. Had exactly the same problem last week, called support and they "ran a script" to fix the issue. The sign in screen keeps cycling between the email address for login, the password screen, then the "recently opened company files" screen. When I click on the file I need to open, it takes me straight back to the sign in email screen.

Getting extremely frustrated, having spent over an hour on the phone just last week to resolve exactly this issue. Phone support not available after 5.00pm eastern, which doesn't help when you live on the west coast and it's only 2.00pm here. 

I don't believe it's backup related. Can anyone help?

3 Replies

Earl_HD
    MYOB Moderator

Hi RLG,

Thank you for your detailed post, and welcome to the Community Forum! Could you please confirm if you encounter the same issue when logging in using a different computer? If so, I would suggest visiting this help page titled "Unable to open recently upgraded company file" for a potential solution.

Feel free to post again, we're happy to help!

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Regards,
    Earl

RLG
      User

Thanks for the advice Earl, Yes, I do encounter the same issue on different machines, but the link refers to files that are offline, which mine is not.

I've opened the diagnostic file, which has the following exceptions:

"Myob.IdentityModel.Clients.LiveDirectory.LiveDirectoryServerException: The authentication browser dialog failed. Reason: The request could not be processed by the server due to invalid syntax."

"MYOB.Huxley.UI.Controllers.Helpers.AuthenticationExceptionHandler,Error,1,Failed to authenticate user : AR.Common.oAuth.OAuthException: The authentication browser dialog failed. Reason: The request could not be processed by the server due to invalid syntax."

I can upload the diagnostic file if it will help to have the full picture.

Genreve_S
        MYOB Moderator

Hi RLG

Thanks for your response. 

It seems that you already did all the troubleshooting steps. To investigate this further, can you send us a copy of the full diagnostic log and confirm if you are using the same email address in the forum to access this file? 

We look forward to your response.

Thanks,
        Genreve