Forum Discussion

2 years ago

Error: Unable to get property 'prototype' of undefined or null reference

Hi,

I am trying to log in to MYOB AccountRight desktop and am getting this error message attached in the file.

Can you please advise how to fix?

Thanks

3 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • Hi MACBookkeeping 

Some steps to try to resolve that error are:

1. add MYOB as a trusted site in Internet Explorer settings
    2. clear the browser cache including cookies by going to  Windows Control Panel>>Internet Options, within theInternet Properties under Browsing history select Delete..., ensuring that the first 4 options are enabled before selecting Delete
    3. go to WIndows Control Panel>>Internet Options, click Settings under the General tab, click View files, delete the contents of the folder

As this does involve deleting data from the computer we do recommend speaking to an IT person in relation to impacts and ensuring this task is completed for your environment.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

MACBookkeeping
      Partner

Hi Tracey_H 

Our IT guy has done this.

Can you let me know which addresses need to be added to trusted?

Thanks

Heena
        Contributing User

Hi, 

I'm facing the same error when login Myob AccountRight desktop. The error prompted after I entered a valid email and click on "Next". However, if I entered an invalid email (which does't exists), it's prompt me to enter password without prompted the "Unable to get property 'prototype' of undefined or null reference" error. I've tried out all the steps that you provided. However, the issue still persist.

Kindly please help on that. Thanks in advance.